Emirates has been rated the safest airline in the world in its response to the COVID-19 Pandemic according to the Safe Travel Barometer.
The airline, which has set industry-leading safety standards since the resumption of its operations back in May, has topped the ranks with a ‘Safe Travel Score’ of 4.4 out of 5.0 among 230+ airlines evaluated worldwide. The score is based on an independent audit of 26 health and safety parameters evaluating safety protocols, traveller convenience and service excellence announced by airlines.
Safe Travel Barometer is the world’s most comprehensive solution to monitor and benchmark supplier initiatives in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry for the post-COVID world. Its rating mechanism considers safety measures and hygiene standards across all touchpoints of a traveller’s journey which Emirates has consistently delivered on. At every step of the journey, Emirates has spared no effort to prioritise the care, health and safety of its customers, employees and communities.
Enhanced biosafety measures taken by the airline include the distribution of complimentary hygiene kits, protective barriers at check-in desks and immigration counters, personal protective equipment and new safety protocols for cabin crew and airport employees in customer facing roles, and elevated aircraft cleaning procedures including the frequent cleaning and disinfecting of aircraft lavatories every 45 minutes during flights, amongst many other measures.
Emirates has also led the way in traveller convenience which was another sub-category considered by the Safe Travel Barometer. The airline was first in the industry to offer its customers free Covid-19 cover to help them travel with more confidence, knowing that medical expenses of up to EUR 150,000 and quarantine costs of EUR 100 per day for 14 days will be covered if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 during their travel, while they are away from home. Emirates’ booking policies also offer customers great flexibility and confidence to plan their travel. Customers have options to change their travel dates, or extend their ticket validity for 2 years. In addition, the airline launched initiatives to help its loyal Emirates Skywards members retain their tier status and introduce new ways for them to earn and spend their Miles.
The Safe Travel Barometer was launched in 2020 to monitor global traveller health and safety measures, traveler convenience initiatives and overall traveler experience which influences traveler’s decision-making and the actual journey in the new normal. The Safe Travel Score is an industry-first COVID-19 rating initiative, created in the wake of recovery from the pandemic.
Safe Travel Barometer is a B2B solution by Safe Travel Technologies, an independent subsidiary of VIDEC, a travel industry advisory and consulting firm. The coverage includes more than 2,000 companies across 10 industry categories, 50 parameters, and traveller arrival information on more than 80 destinations.
Emirates resumed its daily service to Lagos from 1 November. The expanded schedule of daily services offers enhanced connectivity for Nigerian customers to Emirates’ growing destination network via Dubai of close to 100 destinations.
Cover Of The Week
- Innovation Accelerator to Stimulate Growth for Youth Promoting Democracy and Governance in Africa Concludes December 3, 2020
- President’s Remarks at the 5th Annual Meeting of the Africa Economic Zones Organization (AEZO) December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 Update (3rd December 2020) December 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 Update (2nd December 2020) December 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily status update (2nd December 2020) December 3, 2020
- Landmark Alliance Launches in Africa to Fight COVID-19 Misinformation December 3, 2020
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)’s President H.E Félix Tshisekedi confirmed to deliver the keynote address at Mining Indaba Virtual December 3, 2020
- Local Currency Financing for Off-Grid Energy Solutions in Africa Limited, Needs Scaling Up - African Development Bank Report December 3, 2020
- Blue Prism Intelligent Automation Now Available in AWS Marketplace December 3, 2020
- Zimbabwean journalist Debra Matabvu wins the 2020 APO Group African Women in Media Award December 3, 2020
Politics1 week ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro3 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports3 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi