The Nigerian Export Promotion Council has been commended for its role at ensuring that the organized private sector grows from just producing for sustenance to exporting goods outside the shores of the country.
The commendation was given by the Ogun state Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun in his Oke – Mosan office when he received the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Olusegun Awolowo and his team.
The governor who said that the state owns the biggest industrial hub in the country, added that no other state in the country could match the state where capacity had being built and exported outside the shores of the country.
He noted that his administration disposition and deep commitment to the Public Private Sector Partnership had finally started to yield good fruits as an Irish company was set to have a company whose major drive was to establish in the state and invest in the area of dairy for export to China, adding that an Asian group was also on the radar to set up shop in the state and export to Asia as well.
Abiodun disclosed that as part of effort aimed at creating an enabling environment for investors in the state, two bills that would look at establishing the states PPP model and the Ogun State Investment Promotion Agency, had being sent to the Ogun State House of Assembly, adding that the process would help his administration to institutionalize its vision and commitment to the public private sector partnership.
” We are currently trying to pass two bills with the house of assembly, one is that which is establishing our PPP law and the second one is for establishing our Investment Promotion Agency, those are two laws that are so much needed to help us institutionalize our vision and commitment to the public private sector partnership, ” he said.
The governor added that building our future together agenda of his administration requires the collective efforts of everyone, saying that the Nigeria Export Promotion Council was a major player in the states building our future together agenda.
He noted that the state government was poised to being focused and qualitative, adding that doing so would avail his administration an opportunity to create an enabling environment for public private sector partnership which would help stimulate the economic growth of the state, adding that stimulation of the states economy would translate to individual prosperity.
In his remarks, the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Olusegun Awolowo said he believed that the governors experience in the business private sector would help him to transform the fortune of the state into a big industrial hub for the country.
Cover Of The Week
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
- African Development Bank and African Union to roll-out a continent-wide electricity market Masterplan December 12, 2019
- Powell keeps the faith as Blitzboks gear up for Cape Town December 12, 2019
- Malware variety grows by 13.7% in 2019 due to web skimmers December 12, 2019
- Give Them a Gift That Will Make Them Smarter This Christmas! December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .