The Nigerian Export Promotion Council has been commended for its role at ensuring that the organized private sector grows from just producing for sustenance to exporting goods outside the shores of the country.
The commendation was given by the Ogun state Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun in his Oke – Mosan office when he received the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Olusegun Awolowo and his team.
The governor who said that the state owns the biggest industrial hub in the country, added that no other state in the country could match the state where capacity had being built and exported outside the shores of the country.
He noted that his administration disposition and deep commitment to the Public Private Sector Partnership had finally started to yield good fruits as an Irish company was set to have a company whose major drive was to establish in the state and invest in the area of dairy for export to China, adding that an Asian group was also on the radar to set up shop in the state and export to Asia as well.
Abiodun disclosed that as part of effort aimed at creating an enabling environment for investors in the state, two bills that would look at establishing the states PPP model and the Ogun State Investment Promotion Agency, had being sent to the Ogun State House of Assembly, adding that the process would help his administration to institutionalize its vision and commitment to the public private sector partnership.
” We are currently trying to pass two bills with the house of assembly, one is that which is establishing our PPP law and the second one is for establishing our Investment Promotion Agency, those are two laws that are so much needed to help us institutionalize our vision and commitment to the public private sector partnership, ” he said.
The governor added that building our future together agenda of his administration requires the collective efforts of everyone, saying that the Nigeria Export Promotion Council was a major player in the states building our future together agenda.
He noted that the state government was poised to being focused and qualitative, adding that doing so would avail his administration an opportunity to create an enabling environment for public private sector partnership which would help stimulate the economic growth of the state, adding that stimulation of the states economy would translate to individual prosperity.
In his remarks, the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Olusegun Awolowo said he believed that the governors experience in the business private sector would help him to transform the fortune of the state into a big industrial hub for the country.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others