The Nigerian Export Promotion Council has been commended for its role at ensuring that the organized private sector grows from just producing for sustenance to exporting goods outside the shores of the country.
The commendation was given by the Ogun state Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun in his Oke – Mosan office when he received the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Olusegun Awolowo and his team.
The governor who said that the state owns the biggest industrial hub in the country, added that no other state in the country could match the state where capacity had being built and exported outside the shores of the country.
He noted that his administration disposition and deep commitment to the Public Private Sector Partnership had finally started to yield good fruits as an Irish company was set to have a company whose major drive was to establish in the state and invest in the area of dairy for export to China, adding that an Asian group was also on the radar to set up shop in the state and export to Asia as well.
Abiodun disclosed that as part of effort aimed at creating an enabling environment for investors in the state, two bills that would look at establishing the states PPP model and the Ogun State Investment Promotion Agency, had being sent to the Ogun State House of Assembly, adding that the process would help his administration to institutionalize its vision and commitment to the public private sector partnership.
” We are currently trying to pass two bills with the house of assembly, one is that which is establishing our PPP law and the second one is for establishing our Investment Promotion Agency, those are two laws that are so much needed to help us institutionalize our vision and commitment to the public private sector partnership, ” he said.
The governor added that building our future together agenda of his administration requires the collective efforts of everyone, saying that the Nigeria Export Promotion Council was a major player in the states building our future together agenda.
He noted that the state government was poised to being focused and qualitative, adding that doing so would avail his administration an opportunity to create an enabling environment for public private sector partnership which would help stimulate the economic growth of the state, adding that stimulation of the states economy would translate to individual prosperity.
In his remarks, the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Olusegun Awolowo said he believed that the governors experience in the business private sector would help him to transform the fortune of the state into a big industrial hub for the country.
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Tony Kabaka threatens to kill himself if Gov Obaseki demolishes his Ugbor Hotel…video
Cover Of The Week
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
- National Energy Services Reunited Corp. to Release Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Nov 6th October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin