The daylight assassination of Mrs. Olufunke Olakunrin, daughter of our revered father and Afenifere leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, is a dagger to our hearts and an audacious insult to our collective humanity.
I have searched for days to find words most suitable to console Papa Fasoranti, my brothers, Taiwo and Kehinde Fasoranti, plus the immediate family as well as the larger Yoruba race and indeed all well meaning Nigerians. We can only pray that Almighty God shall comfort Papa Reuben Fasoranti with his family and grant them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
This dastardly and gruesome murder of a mother at a time when she should begin to enjoy the joy of motherhood is a sordid reminder of how so lowly we have degenerated from the dizzying height of a peace-loving, fun-seeking accommodating people.
Olufunke’s death is a clarion call for all Nigerians to immediately begin the search for our return to the values that once made our country the envy of others.
It is a time to assist the Security Agencies to smoke out the evil blood sucking demons from our land and declare in one voice; enough is enough. The perpetrators of this despicable act must be instantly brought to justice.
We must now re-establish our fast fading nature as a peaceful and accommodating people whose love for one another transcend ephemeral divisions of religion and ethnicity.
Olufunke Fasoranti Olakunrin must not be allowed to die in vain.
Mr. IfeOluwa Oyedele
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS