The daylight assassination of Mrs. Olufunke Olakunrin, daughter of our revered father and Afenifere leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, is a dagger to our hearts and an audacious insult to our collective humanity.
I have searched for days to find words most suitable to console Papa Fasoranti, my brothers, Taiwo and Kehinde Fasoranti, plus the immediate family as well as the larger Yoruba race and indeed all well meaning Nigerians. We can only pray that Almighty God shall comfort Papa Reuben Fasoranti with his family and grant them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
This dastardly and gruesome murder of a mother at a time when she should begin to enjoy the joy of motherhood is a sordid reminder of how so lowly we have degenerated from the dizzying height of a peace-loving, fun-seeking accommodating people.
Olufunke’s death is a clarion call for all Nigerians to immediately begin the search for our return to the values that once made our country the envy of others.
It is a time to assist the Security Agencies to smoke out the evil blood sucking demons from our land and declare in one voice; enough is enough. The perpetrators of this despicable act must be instantly brought to justice.
We must now re-establish our fast fading nature as a peaceful and accommodating people whose love for one another transcend ephemeral divisions of religion and ethnicity.
Olufunke Fasoranti Olakunrin must not be allowed to die in vain.
Mr. IfeOluwa Oyedele
Veteran Actress, Salome Eketunde In Tears
Festus Keyamo Empowers 1,700 Deltan Youths, Women In Uvwie Kingdom
Association of local government Vice Chairmen in Nigeria honours Sanwoolu, Simon Bakau, Kemi Nelson, Jimi Benson, Aregbesola, Yari Abubakar, Bako Lalung, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, others
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Cover Of The Week
- Highest ranking U.S. official on energy visits Southern Africa November 14, 2019
- On South Sudan’s failure to form a Unity Government by November 12 November 14, 2019
- Total builds on Brulpadda success to herald new era for South Africa November 14, 2019
- Diabetes is a Family Affair in Kenya November 13, 2019
- Commitment to a “Zero-Child Army” Trumps Differences During Juba Conference November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Mozambique November 13, 2019
- In Tombura, UNMISS Works With Faith Groups to Foster Peaceful Coexistence November 13, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Staff Concludes Visit to Lesotho November 13, 2019
- Southern Africa’s Top Entrepreneurs Announced in Johannesburg, South Africa November 13, 2019
- African Energy Chamber Takes Part in High-Level Debate on the Future of the Global Oil & Gas Industry at Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) November 13, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today