The daylight assassination of Mrs. Olufunke Olakunrin, daughter of our revered father and Afenifere leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, is a dagger to our hearts and an audacious insult to our collective humanity.
I have searched for days to find words most suitable to console Papa Fasoranti, my brothers, Taiwo and Kehinde Fasoranti, plus the immediate family as well as the larger Yoruba race and indeed all well meaning Nigerians. We can only pray that Almighty God shall comfort Papa Reuben Fasoranti with his family and grant them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
This dastardly and gruesome murder of a mother at a time when she should begin to enjoy the joy of motherhood is a sordid reminder of how so lowly we have degenerated from the dizzying height of a peace-loving, fun-seeking accommodating people.
Olufunke’s death is a clarion call for all Nigerians to immediately begin the search for our return to the values that once made our country the envy of others.
It is a time to assist the Security Agencies to smoke out the evil blood sucking demons from our land and declare in one voice; enough is enough. The perpetrators of this despicable act must be instantly brought to justice.
We must now re-establish our fast fading nature as a peaceful and accommodating people whose love for one another transcend ephemeral divisions of religion and ethnicity.
Olufunke Fasoranti Olakunrin must not be allowed to die in vain.
Mr. IfeOluwa Oyedele
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others