The Lagos state command have arrested a man, Kabiru Oke and his son, Oke Faruq for raping and impregnating a 13-year old girl.
DSP Bala Elkana, the spoke person disclosed this in a statement that the victim(name withheld) had lived with the perpetrators of the heinous act for some years.
Elkana said that on 27th March, 2019, the Command’s Gender Section received a complaint of defilement of a minor reported by the mother of the minor (name withheld) against the husband of her elder sister Kabiru Oke of No 1 Olatikupo Street, Egbeda and his son, Oke Faruq of the same address.
According to him,he explained that the victim lived with the alleged suspect for years. The unholy affairs between the minor and the first suspect reportedly started on 20th October, 2018, with the suspect having constant sexual intercourse with the victim.
The second suspect, being the son of the first suspect, started having unlawful carnal knowledge of the same minor on 10th January, 2019. The suspects reportedly threatened to kill the victim if she ever inform anybody that he is having sexual intercourse with him.
The bubble burst when the victim’s mother suspected some changes in her and eventually discovered that she was pregnant. He said the victim was later taken to Mirabel Centre by the Gender Unit of the Police Command for medical
The two suspects were arrested and charged to Magistrate Court 2 Ogba for defilement. The case was adjourned for 13/5/2019 while the suspects have been remanded in Kirikiri prison.
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Cover Of The Week
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
- European Union (EU) Ambassador in first visit of Laikipia Country to launch joint projects with Laikipia County Government and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS