The Lagos state command have arrested a man, Kabiru Oke and his son, Oke Faruq for raping and impregnating a 13-year old girl.
DSP Bala Elkana, the spoke person disclosed this in a statement that the victim(name withheld) had lived with the perpetrators of the heinous act for some years.
Elkana said that on 27th March, 2019, the Command’s Gender Section received a complaint of defilement of a minor reported by the mother of the minor (name withheld) against the husband of her elder sister Kabiru Oke of No 1 Olatikupo Street, Egbeda and his son, Oke Faruq of the same address.
According to him,he explained that the victim lived with the alleged suspect for years. The unholy affairs between the minor and the first suspect reportedly started on 20th October, 2018, with the suspect having constant sexual intercourse with the victim.
The second suspect, being the son of the first suspect, started having unlawful carnal knowledge of the same minor on 10th January, 2019. The suspects reportedly threatened to kill the victim if she ever inform anybody that he is having sexual intercourse with him.
The bubble burst when the victim’s mother suspected some changes in her and eventually discovered that she was pregnant. He said the victim was later taken to Mirabel Centre by the Gender Unit of the Police Command for medical
The two suspects were arrested and charged to Magistrate Court 2 Ogba for defilement. The case was adjourned for 13/5/2019 while the suspects have been remanded in Kirikiri prison.
Cover Of The Week
- Ringier Africa Digital Publishing (RADP) unifies all its brands under the company name PULSE February 21, 2020
- In 12 months, Sahel violence displaces more than 700,000 in Burkina Faso February 21, 2020
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo February 21, 2020
- Prosperity Fund’s Future Cities Programme launches in South Africa February 21, 2020
- “Our goal is to surpass developed countries,” African Development Bank VP tells fourth industrial revolution forum February 21, 2020
- Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari to visit Tanzania and Mozambique February 21, 2020
- Presentation cocktail of the Bordeaux Summit - 18th February, 2020 February 21, 2020
- Polio-Nigeria leaves no stone unturned, targets over 55 million children in house-to-house nationwide campaign February 21, 2020
- Remarks by Ambassador Kyle McCarter at Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) Preliminary Results Launch Celebration February 21, 2020
- 2.9 million people, including 1.6 million children, affected by one or more of humanitarian crises in Niger February 20, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship