Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has congratulated former Minister of Health, Prince Julius Adelusi-Adeluyi on his 80th birthday, describing him as a man of excellence, service and distinctions.
Prince Adelusi-Adeluyi, a renowned Pharmacist and Chairman, Ekiti State Covid-19 Response Resource Mobilisation Committee, set up by the Governor to mobilise resources to combat the coronavirus in the state, clocks 80 on Sunday.
Dr. Fayemi in a congratulatory message he personally signed, extolled Adeluyi’s “exemplary life of brilliance, excellence and distinction”, saying the former Health Minister has a unique way of excelling in everything he does.
While describing the Ado-Ekiti-born Pharmacist as a patriot, the Governor said the celebrant had made positive impact in Nigeria and particularly in Ekiti State where he is currently playing a significant role in the state’s battle against coronavirus in his capacity as chairman of the COVID-19 Response Resource Mobilization Committee.
He added that Adelusi-Adeluyi brought his enormous goodwill and wide contacts to bear on the work of the Committee, by donating generously and also mobilizing a network of high net-worth individuals to donate to the Committee’s fund.
Governor Fayemi said: “I am particularly proud of your exemplary life of brilliance, excellence and distinction. As one of the Ekiti icons who have made tremendous impact on Nigeria as pathfinders in several ways, I salute your patriotism which has shown in many instances, including in locating a branch of the famous Juli Pharmacy in Ado-Ekiti many years ago”.
Fayemi described the former minister as one of the nation’s most illustrious industrialists, business administrators and philanthropists. He urged the younger generation to emulate Adelusi-Adeluyi’s diligence, patriotism and commitment to excellence.
“In your illustrious life and as an Ekiti elder statesman, we have found the Ekiti values of hard work, enterprise, integrity, courage, industry, honesty, respect, nobility and community service. The story of your life depicts that of the finest Ekiti spirit and is one that provides a worthy example to the next generation”.
“There is no doubt that you are one of Nigeria’s most astounding industrialists and business administrators with a wide range of experience in different sectors of the economy. I commend your numerous philanthropic generosity through scholarship awards, professional development, donations to community development, Rotary International, church sponsorship and volunteering in promoting good causes”, the governor said.
Fayemi prayed God to grant the celebrant good health and more years in the service of humanity. “On behalf of my wife, the government and good people of Ekiti State, congratulations sir.”
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020
- Blue Prism Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Again in 2020 August 5, 2020
- Africa Oil Week’s Online Conference to Host “Somalia Licensing Round: Derisking Above Ground Factors” Session, with Address from Petroleum and Mineral Resources Minister August 5, 2020
- Chevron’s Entry into Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon Could be a Turning Point for Central Africa’s Gas Industry August 5, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries