Fidelity Bank Plc under the able leadership of Nnamdi Okonkwo is proposing a N3.2 billion dividend payout to shareholders. The payout followed the bank’s strong financial result for the year-ended December 31, 2018.
The bank posted a 4.8 per cent growth in Gross Earnings from N180.2 billion to N188.9 billion while Profit Before Tax soared by 30.6 per cent to N25.1 billion, when compared with the N19.2 billion it recorded in 2017.
Profit After Tax grew by 29 per cent from N17.7 billion in 2017 to N22.9 billion in 2018, while Operating Income rose by 13.9 per cent from N85.9 billion to N97.2 billion. Customer Deposit, which is a measure of consumer confidence rose by 26.3 per cent from N775.2 billion to N979.4 billion just as total assets grew by 24 per cent from N1.4trillion to N1.7trillion.R
“We are delighted by our 2018 numbers, which clearly shows a sustained performance trajectory. We are growing our market share with continued traction in our chosen business segments. We recoded double digits growth in interest income on our liquid assets, digital banking, FX and other income lines,” said Fidelity Bank CEO, Nnamdi Okonkwo.
“As seen in recent years, the bank’s digital retail banking approach has continued to yield positive results. Savings recorded its fifth consecutive year of double digits growth with a 27.7 per cent increase to peak at N228 billion. Savings accounts for over 23 per cent of our total deposits, an attestation of our increasing market share in the retail segment.”
Okonkwo was also enthused with the progress of its digital banking play stating that over 42 per cent of customers are now enrolled on the bank’s mobile/internet banking products and more than 81 per cent of total transactions done on digital platforms, resulting in 25 per cent of fee-based income, coming from digital banking.
Fidelity Bank Dazes Shareholders With N3.2 Billion Dividend
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank