Fidelity Bank Plc, top Nigerian lender has handed over a well-equipped, state-of-the-art Kitchen/Catering Laboratory for the use of students at the Girls Correctional Home, Idi-Araba, Lagos. The project, according to the bank, is a clear demonstration of its unwavering support towards enhancing the lives and wellbeing of less privileged members of the society.
Speaking at the commissioning ceremony in Lagos recently, the bank’s Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Nnamdi Okonkwo said that the decision to embark on the project is borne out of a deep-seated realisation that vocational education remains vital to the development of any society.
Okonkwo who was represented the bank’s Head of Legal Division, Kingsley Ohiri thanked the Ministry of Youth & Social Development for giving them the opportunity to partner with the State and hoped to do more in the future. He also mentioned the bank had, in the past, carried out some CSR projects in the State such as the Correctional Centre for Boys, Birrel Avenue, Yaba where vocational training tools were provided for the use of wards at the centre.
While commissioning the project, the Commissioner for Youth and Social Development, Olusegun Dawodu said that the kitchen would provide the children the means to learn a new vocation which they would use to benefit themselves and the society at large.
Dawodu also reiterated the resolve of the State Government to prioritise the needs of the teeming youth saying, “The Lagos State Government would continue to support and empower the children and youth in the State with relevant skills in order to play active roles in the Nigerian economy, thereby creating wealth and reducing the rate of unemployment and criminal activities among the youths and children”.
He specifically thanked Fidelity Bank for supporting the Government and especially the youths in the State by initiating and extending their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to ensure that the society is impacted positively.
On her own part, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Yewande Falugba, emphasised the need for well-meaning Nigerians and organisations to emulate Fidelity Bank by partnering with the State Government in ensuring the social well-being of the youths and children
Sent from my iPhone
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
- The Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented letters of credence to the President of South Africa October 16, 2019
- On World Food Day, Government and United Nations highlight healthy diets in South Sudan October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin