Nigeria’s foremost dairy company, FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC, producers of Peak and Three Crowns milk has announced a turnover of
N161.8 billion at the 47th Annual General Meeting held at the FC Academy in the Company’s Head Office at Ikeja, Lagos, Thursday, 25 June 2020.
The meeting was held under strict adherence to government-approved COVID-19 protocols, including social distancing and restrictions on the maximum number of persons at a gathering.
As a result, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) was streamed live for shareholders and other relevant stakeholders to participate in the proceedings. Shareholders were earlier invited to give their proxy to representatives published on the Proxy Form contained in the Company’s 2019 Annual Report, to act on their behalf.
At the meeting, FrieslandCampina WAMCO reported a turnover of
N161.8 billion representing an 8.5% increase over 2018 and a Profit Before Tax (PBT) of N18.8billion, a 15% increase over previous year.
The shareholders unanimously approved a total dividend payout of
N9.49 per N0.50, having paid an interim dividend of N2.68 per N0.50 share in November 2019; and a final dividend payout of N6.81 per N0.50 share.
According to the Managing Director, Mr. Ben Langat, “In the year under review, the business environment remained challenging. In spite of the headwinds, FrieslandCampina WAMCO played a leading role in Nigeria’s backward integration initiative led by the Central Bank of Nigeria in the dairy sector.“
The company activated its Dairy Development Programme (DDP) in Bobi Grazing Reserve, modeling its 10year success of the programme on a 10,000-hectare grazing reserve in Mariga local government area of Niger State.
In line with its business plan, the Company commissioned a state-of-the-art factory for the production of yoghurt and introduced the new Peak Yoghurt Drink in three distinct flavours (Plain Sweetened, Strawberry and Orange) into the market.
Business Outlook 2020
The Board of Directors and Management of FrieslandCampina WAMCO remain positive and confident about the future of the Company despite the disruption by the current pandemic. The Company will remain focused on its purpose of providing better nutrition and advocating healthy living. FrieslandCampina WAMCO will continue to actively engage consumers and pursue its backward integration for business sustainability.
The 47th Annual General Meeting adopted the Company’s financial statement for the year under review. The report can be found on the Company’s website www.frieslandcampina.com.ng
Cover Of The Week
- African Development Bank (AfDB) President Akinwumi Adesina’s Speech at the Federal Inland Revenue Service Tax Dialogue January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- OUT NOW! 2ND edition of “Billions at play” outlining the road to recovery for the African Oil and Gas Sector, post Covid-19 January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (20 January 2021) January 21, 2021
- Save the Children welcomes decline in violations against children in South Sudan January 21, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi