Nigeria’s foremost dairy company, FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC, producers of Peak and Three Crowns milk has announced a turnover of
N161.8 billion at the 47th Annual General Meeting held at the FC Academy in the Company’s Head Office at Ikeja, Lagos, Thursday, 25 June 2020.
The meeting was held under strict adherence to government-approved COVID-19 protocols, including social distancing and restrictions on the maximum number of persons at a gathering.
As a result, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) was streamed live for shareholders and other relevant stakeholders to participate in the proceedings. Shareholders were earlier invited to give their proxy to representatives published on the Proxy Form contained in the Company’s 2019 Annual Report, to act on their behalf.
At the meeting, FrieslandCampina WAMCO reported a turnover of
N161.8 billion representing an 8.5% increase over 2018 and a Profit Before Tax (PBT) of N18.8billion, a 15% increase over previous year.
The shareholders unanimously approved a total dividend payout of
N9.49 per N0.50, having paid an interim dividend of N2.68 per N0.50 share in November 2019; and a final dividend payout of N6.81 per N0.50 share.
According to the Managing Director, Mr. Ben Langat, “In the year under review, the business environment remained challenging. In spite of the headwinds, FrieslandCampina WAMCO played a leading role in Nigeria’s backward integration initiative led by the Central Bank of Nigeria in the dairy sector.“
The company activated its Dairy Development Programme (DDP) in Bobi Grazing Reserve, modeling its 10year success of the programme on a 10,000-hectare grazing reserve in Mariga local government area of Niger State.
In line with its business plan, the Company commissioned a state-of-the-art factory for the production of yoghurt and introduced the new Peak Yoghurt Drink in three distinct flavours (Plain Sweetened, Strawberry and Orange) into the market.
Business Outlook 2020
The Board of Directors and Management of FrieslandCampina WAMCO remain positive and confident about the future of the Company despite the disruption by the current pandemic. The Company will remain focused on its purpose of providing better nutrition and advocating healthy living. FrieslandCampina WAMCO will continue to actively engage consumers and pursue its backward integration for business sustainability.
The 47th Annual General Meeting adopted the Company’s financial statement for the year under review. The report can be found on the Company’s website www.frieslandcampina.com.ng
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital