Nigeria’s foremost dairy company, FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC, producers of Peak and Three Crowns milk has announced a turnover of
N161.8 billion at the 47th Annual General Meeting held at the FC Academy in the Company’s Head Office at Ikeja, Lagos, Thursday, 25 June 2020.
The meeting was held under strict adherence to government-approved COVID-19 protocols, including social distancing and restrictions on the maximum number of persons at a gathering.
As a result, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) was streamed live for shareholders and other relevant stakeholders to participate in the proceedings. Shareholders were earlier invited to give their proxy to representatives published on the Proxy Form contained in the Company’s 2019 Annual Report, to act on their behalf.
At the meeting, FrieslandCampina WAMCO reported a turnover of
N161.8 billion representing an 8.5% increase over 2018 and a Profit Before Tax (PBT) of N18.8billion, a 15% increase over previous year.
The shareholders unanimously approved a total dividend payout of
N9.49 per N0.50, having paid an interim dividend of N2.68 per N0.50 share in November 2019; and a final dividend payout of N6.81 per N0.50 share.
According to the Managing Director, Mr. Ben Langat, “In the year under review, the business environment remained challenging. In spite of the headwinds, FrieslandCampina WAMCO played a leading role in Nigeria’s backward integration initiative led by the Central Bank of Nigeria in the dairy sector.“
The company activated its Dairy Development Programme (DDP) in Bobi Grazing Reserve, modeling its 10year success of the programme on a 10,000-hectare grazing reserve in Mariga local government area of Niger State.
In line with its business plan, the Company commissioned a state-of-the-art factory for the production of yoghurt and introduced the new Peak Yoghurt Drink in three distinct flavours (Plain Sweetened, Strawberry and Orange) into the market.
Business Outlook 2020
The Board of Directors and Management of FrieslandCampina WAMCO remain positive and confident about the future of the Company despite the disruption by the current pandemic. The Company will remain focused on its purpose of providing better nutrition and advocating healthy living. FrieslandCampina WAMCO will continue to actively engage consumers and pursue its backward integration for business sustainability.
The 47th Annual General Meeting adopted the Company’s financial statement for the year under review. The report can be found on the Company’s website www.frieslandcampina.com.ng
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: CS Kagwe tours Makueni as Covid-19 rise to 8,528 Makueni July 8, 2020 July 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: COVID-19 Update as of 8 July 2020 July 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (8th July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kenya is 8528 July 8, 2020
- Global leaders to address International Labour Organization (ILO) Virtual Global Summit on COVID-19 and the World of Work July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus – South Africa: Transport Committee says Taxi Industry issues understandable and resolvable July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Libya: Speech by Foreign Minister Heiko Maas on Libya at the UN Security Council (Video conference) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (7 July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County (8th July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Al Ain Finance selects Temenos SaaS to remotely deploy Corporate Banking Solution during Covid-19 July 8, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Prince Ned Nwoko Poses With His Wives