Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has appointed Mr. Olugbenga Anthony Olaleye as the new chairman for the State Internal Revenue Service, OGIRS.
A renowned accountant, auditor, mortgage banker and tax consultant, a statement by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr Kunle Somorin, said the new OGIRS boss, comes to the job with practice experience spanning more than 34 years.
Somorin said the new OGIRS chairman, “started his career with extensive exposure in Accounting, Audit, and Tax Management Consulting with international firms of Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria).
“A distinguished Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA), a Fellow of the Chartered Taxation Institute of Nigeria (FCTI) and a John Maxwell (JMT) certified coach. A well-trained Tax, Accounting and Management professional with highly rated qualifications and professional practice and licenses from relevant professional bodies, Mr Olaleye had his first degree in 1984 from the University of Calabar and was the best graduating student for in Mathematic/Education Department. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1989, became a Fellow of ICAN in 1997. He became a Fellow of the Chartered Taxation Institute (FCTI) of Nigeria in 2011. He had two international mini-MBA Certifications from CWC School for Energy and American Management Association (AMA), USA. Gbenga has attended various international and in-country Management Development Programmes with renowned organisations such as Lagos Business School (LBS), Management Centre Europe (MCE), PetroSkills USA, to mention a few, ”, the statements further reads.
Mr Olaleye spent 12-year career with Diageo Plc, the parent company of Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPlc), working across Africa and the United Kingdom, which further gave him deep and extensive international experience. He was the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of South Atlantic Petroleum Ltd. (SAPETRO), an indigenous Upstream Oil & Gas company in Nigeria for over 6 years to April 2016.
His major skills cover almost all areas of Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Management Consulting, Corporate Finance, Receiverships & Liquidations, Project Evaluation, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Controls & Compliance, Strategic Planning and People Development. He is also culturally sensitive to enabling environment and the people.
The Governor wishes Mr Gbenga Olaleye a successful tenure as OGIRS chairman.
Cover Of The Week
- ECOWAS Commission Organizes Technical Committee Meeting on ECOWAS Single Currency Programme December 4, 2021
- Joint Statement: Morocco, Switzerland Intend to Strengthen their Cooperation in all Areas of Common Interest December 4, 2021
- World Soil Day: FAO Highlights the Threat of Soil Salinization to Global Food Security December 4, 2021
- UNESCO and Premium Times Centre train Gambian youth leaders on Media and Information Literacy (MIL) December 4, 2021
- Osun State Adopts Integrated Strategies, Targets Over Two Million Residents for COVID-19 Vaccination December 4, 2021
- 2021 African Economic Conference (AEC): Experts call for African Crypto Currency, Integrated Capital Market to Ease Business Costs December 4, 2021
- Southern Africa Set for Economic Rebound, but Impact of Covid-19 Lingers December 4, 2021
- United States Government Funds Nine Social and Economic Small Grants across Malawi December 3, 2021
- DRC-Uganda: Civilians must be protected during joint military operations December 3, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber welcomes the ruling for Shell to proceed with its seismic surveys of the Eastern Cape December 3, 2021
Entertainment7 months ago
NOLLYWOOD STAR, ADEOLA ADELOWOTAN DENIES MARRIAGE BREAK-UP
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
500m women, girls lack adequate facilities for menstrual hygiene management globally – Foundation
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Faces at King Brutus’ Birthday, House Warming Ceremony in Johannesburg.
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Nnamdi Kanu Fires Buhari Again Over Threat