The Ogun State Governor, Prince (Dr.) Dapo Abiodun said he received the news of the death Mama Wulemotu Kashamu, the mother of the immediate past lawmaker representing Ogun East in the National Assembly, Senator Buruji Kashamu, on Wednesday, 7th August, 2019 in Lagos, with a great sense of loss.
According to the Governor, at 96, Mama lived a fulfilled life. “But no matter the age, the loss of one’s mom is bound to be painful and emotionally distressing”, a statement issued by Gov Abiodun’s Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin on behalf of the Governor, people and Government of the State said.
Gov Abiodun described Mama Kashamu as ” a quintessential woman of virtue who was privileged to sire great children like Senator Kashamu among other successful siblings. This gives a sense of fulfillment,” he added.
“She was a pillar behind the successes of his children. A respected businesswoman, caregiver and home – maker, Mama’s strength of character has been given expression by Sen Kashamu and his noble siblings”, Governor Abiodun noted.
Gov Abiodun said that as a Christian, he knew that the physical journey on earth would end some day, no matter how long anyone lived, adding that the major consolation lies in the quality of life Mama lived.
Prince Abiodun further added that Mama was not just a practicing Muslim, but a mother who trained her children well and who imparted her disciplined disposition on all of them.
“Mama was indeed a role model and shining example of high morality, courage and integrity. Her memories would continue to fill the hearts of her loved ones”, the statement said.
Prince Abiodun prayed that God Almighty strengthens Sen. Buruji Kashamu, his siblings and the entire family members and grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.
Prince Abiodun admonished the family to accept his sincere condolences, that of members of his immediate family and the good people of Ogun State in general.
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin