The Ogun State Governor, Prince (Dr.) Dapo Abiodun said he received the news of the death Mama Wulemotu Kashamu, the mother of the immediate past lawmaker representing Ogun East in the National Assembly, Senator Buruji Kashamu, on Wednesday, 7th August, 2019 in Lagos, with a great sense of loss.
According to the Governor, at 96, Mama lived a fulfilled life. “But no matter the age, the loss of one’s mom is bound to be painful and emotionally distressing”, a statement issued by Gov Abiodun’s Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin on behalf of the Governor, people and Government of the State said.
Gov Abiodun described Mama Kashamu as ” a quintessential woman of virtue who was privileged to sire great children like Senator Kashamu among other successful siblings. This gives a sense of fulfillment,” he added.
“She was a pillar behind the successes of his children. A respected businesswoman, caregiver and home – maker, Mama’s strength of character has been given expression by Sen Kashamu and his noble siblings”, Governor Abiodun noted.
Gov Abiodun said that as a Christian, he knew that the physical journey on earth would end some day, no matter how long anyone lived, adding that the major consolation lies in the quality of life Mama lived.
Prince Abiodun further added that Mama was not just a practicing Muslim, but a mother who trained her children well and who imparted her disciplined disposition on all of them.
“Mama was indeed a role model and shining example of high morality, courage and integrity. Her memories would continue to fill the hearts of her loved ones”, the statement said.
Prince Abiodun prayed that God Almighty strengthens Sen. Buruji Kashamu, his siblings and the entire family members and grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.
Prince Abiodun admonished the family to accept his sincere condolences, that of members of his immediate family and the good people of Ogun State in general.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others