The Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has constituted a committee to look into the operational modalities of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia.
In a statement released in Abeokuta on Sunday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Kunle Somorin, Governor Abiodun stated that this has become necessary because the State-owned Moshood Abiola Polytechic, MAPOLY, has been comatose since the Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic. Ipokia were created.
He noted that as a result of the unresolved issues, the fate of candidates and students of MAPOLY and their lecturers now hangs in a balance. Worse still, academic activities have been disrupted.
He, therefore, ordered that MAPOLY should revert to status quo ante with full academic activities restored, while the committee determines the way forward for the new institutions.
“As a responsible Government,” said the Governor, “we cannot fold our arms and allow the situation to continue.
“We cherish human capital development. This committee is therefore set up to holistically review the status, viability and sustainability of these newly established institutions.
The review committee is expected to recommend operational modalities for these institutions after interfacing with stakeholders in the education sector.
The committee headed by the former Vice Chancellor of Tai Solarin University of Education, Prof. Segun Awonusi, has the following terms of reference:
- Ascertain the current operational status of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic. Ipokia;
*Identify issues and challenges related to the establishment and operations of the two institutions;
*Determine the viability and sustainability of the institutions on a long term basis; and
*Identify any other issue(s) related to the objectives of the assignment; and
*Make recommendations for the consideration of the Government.
The other members of the committee are:
Alhaji Waheed Kadiri – fomer Rector of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta
Prof Joseph Odemuyiwa – season academic and National President of Workplace Educators & Managers Association of Nigeria (WEMAN)
Dr Biodun Oluseye is a Chief Lecturer at the Federal Polytchnic Ilaro
Barrister Abeeb Wale Ajayi, is a seasoned lawyer and administrator
Mr. H.O. Ayoade is the National President of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Alumni Association
Dr. Waheed Olanloye, Director Primary and tertiary education in the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology will serve as the committee’s secretary.
Chief Press Secretar y to the Governor
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others