The Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has constituted a committee to look into the operational modalities of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia.
In a statement released in Abeokuta on Sunday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Kunle Somorin, Governor Abiodun stated that this has become necessary because the State-owned Moshood Abiola Polytechic, MAPOLY, has been comatose since the Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic. Ipokia were created.
He noted that as a result of the unresolved issues, the fate of candidates and students of MAPOLY and their lecturers now hangs in a balance. Worse still, academic activities have been disrupted.
He, therefore, ordered that MAPOLY should revert to status quo ante with full academic activities restored, while the committee determines the way forward for the new institutions.
“As a responsible Government,” said the Governor, “we cannot fold our arms and allow the situation to continue.
“We cherish human capital development. This committee is therefore set up to holistically review the status, viability and sustainability of these newly established institutions.
The review committee is expected to recommend operational modalities for these institutions after interfacing with stakeholders in the education sector.
The committee headed by the former Vice Chancellor of Tai Solarin University of Education, Prof. Segun Awonusi, has the following terms of reference:
- Ascertain the current operational status of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic. Ipokia;
*Identify issues and challenges related to the establishment and operations of the two institutions;
*Determine the viability and sustainability of the institutions on a long term basis; and
*Identify any other issue(s) related to the objectives of the assignment; and
*Make recommendations for the consideration of the Government.
The other members of the committee are:
Alhaji Waheed Kadiri – fomer Rector of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta
Prof Joseph Odemuyiwa – season academic and National President of Workplace Educators & Managers Association of Nigeria (WEMAN)
Dr Biodun Oluseye is a Chief Lecturer at the Federal Polytchnic Ilaro
Barrister Abeeb Wale Ajayi, is a seasoned lawyer and administrator
Mr. H.O. Ayoade is the National President of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Alumni Association
Dr. Waheed Olanloye, Director Primary and tertiary education in the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology will serve as the committee’s secretary.
Chief Press Secretar y to the Governor
Cover Of The Week
- Crisis in childhood HIV treatment in western and central Africa February 17, 2020
- Basketball Africa League (BAL): Transcripts of All Star 2020 Game Players (Sunday February 16, 2020) February 17, 2020
- Challenger Series Review February 17, 2020
- Mission of the Czech Defense and Security Industry to Djibouti and Ethiopia February 17, 2020
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed receives Ethiopian PM February 17, 2020
- Empowering Health Workers on Child Growth Assessment February 17, 2020
- In a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister, Edgars Rinkēvičs discusses Latvian-Egyptian cooperation and developments in Libya February 17, 2020
- Africa Energy Forum 2020 to address Sustainable Development Goal on Energy (SDG7) and Impact of Energy Investment February 17, 2020
- UNMISS urges parties to form transitional government February 17, 2020
- SA Rugby to host U18 Elite Player Development camp February 17, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship