The Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has constituted a committee to look into the operational modalities of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia.
In a statement released in Abeokuta on Sunday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Kunle Somorin, Governor Abiodun stated that this has become necessary because the State-owned Moshood Abiola Polytechic, MAPOLY, has been comatose since the Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic. Ipokia were created.
He noted that as a result of the unresolved issues, the fate of candidates and students of MAPOLY and their lecturers now hangs in a balance. Worse still, academic activities have been disrupted.
He, therefore, ordered that MAPOLY should revert to status quo ante with full academic activities restored, while the committee determines the way forward for the new institutions.
“As a responsible Government,” said the Governor, “we cannot fold our arms and allow the situation to continue.
“We cherish human capital development. This committee is therefore set up to holistically review the status, viability and sustainability of these newly established institutions.
The review committee is expected to recommend operational modalities for these institutions after interfacing with stakeholders in the education sector.
The committee headed by the former Vice Chancellor of Tai Solarin University of Education, Prof. Segun Awonusi, has the following terms of reference:
- Ascertain the current operational status of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology, Abeokuta and Ogun State Polytechnic. Ipokia;
*Identify issues and challenges related to the establishment and operations of the two institutions;
*Determine the viability and sustainability of the institutions on a long term basis; and
*Identify any other issue(s) related to the objectives of the assignment; and
*Make recommendations for the consideration of the Government.
The other members of the committee are:
Alhaji Waheed Kadiri – fomer Rector of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta
Prof Joseph Odemuyiwa – season academic and National President of Workplace Educators & Managers Association of Nigeria (WEMAN)
Dr Biodun Oluseye is a Chief Lecturer at the Federal Polytchnic Ilaro
Barrister Abeeb Wale Ajayi, is a seasoned lawyer and administrator
Mr. H.O. Ayoade is the National President of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Alumni Association
Dr. Waheed Olanloye, Director Primary and tertiary education in the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology will serve as the committee’s secretary.
Chief Press Secretar y to the Governor
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS