Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has been awarded 2020 best Governor on education in Nigeria by the National Parents’ Teachers Association, for his landmark achievements in the education sector.
Presenting the Award to the Governor in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, the President of the Association, Chief Adeola Ogunbanjo, acknowledged the innovative ideas brought to bear in the sector while highlighting, free education, stoppage of education levies, offering of automatic employment to best graduating students in higher Institutions, renovation of schools and increase in students enrollment, as some of the factors that led to the award.
“We have observed your landmark achievements in the education sector. You did not only make education free, you stopped payment of education levies in the schools, employed best graduating students in our higher Institutions and you are renovating schools.
“During the Covid-19 pandemic, no incident was recorded in Ogun schools. Of course this is possible because you brought your managerial skills into play. We see you as education friendly Governor and that is why we are giving you this award as the best Governor in education for 2020”, Ogunbanjo explained.
The PTA President who called for the inclusion of the association in the scheme of things in the State, described the OgunDIGI Class as an innovation that kept students in the State busy during the pandemic, calling for adoption by other States.
Responding, Governor Abiodun said his administration would focus on technical and vocational education as a means of taking the youth out of unemployment market.
Prince Abiodun who described technical and vocational training as one of the ways of engaging the youth positively, noted that his administration has revitalised some of the technical colleges to train artisans and also set up a TechHUB facility to enable youths leverage on Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
The Governor said the ongoing rehabilitation of primary Schools across the State was to provide the right environment for teaching and learning, assuring that the gesture would be extended to secondary schools and technical colleges.
Prince Abiodun also informed that government was working towards a uniform curriculum, while fibre optics cable was currently being laid to educational Institutions, to enable students have access to Internet service and allow for e-learning.
He called the Association to partner the State by offering useful advise that would help to further reposition the sector.
Cover Of The Week
- Innovation Accelerator to Stimulate Growth for Youth Promoting Democracy and Governance in Africa Concludes December 3, 2020
- President’s Remarks at the 5th Annual Meeting of the Africa Economic Zones Organization (AEZO) December 3, 2020 December 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 Update (3rd December 2020) December 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 Update (2nd December 2020) December 3, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily status update (2nd December 2020) December 3, 2020
- Landmark Alliance Launches in Africa to Fight COVID-19 Misinformation December 3, 2020
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)’s President H.E Félix Tshisekedi confirmed to deliver the keynote address at Mining Indaba Virtual December 3, 2020
- Local Currency Financing for Off-Grid Energy Solutions in Africa Limited, Needs Scaling Up - African Development Bank Report December 3, 2020
- Blue Prism Intelligent Automation Now Available in AWS Marketplace December 3, 2020
- Zimbabwean journalist Debra Matabvu wins the 2020 APO Group African Women in Media Award December 3, 2020
Politics1 week ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro3 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports3 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi