Gov. AAbiodun Sets Up Interim Committees for Transport Unions, Hajj
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, on Monday named a 13-man committee to coordinate the activities of road transport trade unions in the interim.
Also constituted is the Committee to supervise the 2019 Hajj operations for the State Muslims faithful performing this year’s pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina.
While the interim road transport management committee is Barrister Sunday Olufemi Adeniyi, the Hajj Operation Committee is chaired by Imam Mufutau Majekodunmi.
Other members of the Hajj committee are Alhaji Abdul Gafar Orunsolu, Imam Rufai Sile, Alhaji Misbau Salako and Alhaji Tijani Hassan Ishola are to serve as members of the 2019 Hajj operations.
The other members of the committee are Alhaji Tunde Oladunjoye, Dr (Mrs) Raheemat Oloyede Hon. Kamaru Oduntan and Alhaja Bisola Aliu.
Alhaji Abdul Yekin Arimyau Parakoyi will serve as the Amirul Hajj.
A statement by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Kunle Somorin also stated that the mandate of the Road Transport Associations’ Interim committee is basically to review the operations of the unions and make recommendations on how the unions could be better organised to support the developmental agenda of the state.
The interim Committee is expected to educate and create awareness amongst the stakeholders in the sector on the need to ensure peaceful conduct at all times and avoid any activities that could undermine peace, security and safety of life and property in the state.
The other terms of reference for the transport committee are to institute disciplinary procedures/actions against any conduct or behaviour that could undermine public peace and harness the revenue potential of the road transport for enhanced internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and identification and addressing of any issue(s) that may improve the overall performance of the transport sector in the State.
The members of the committee are: Hon. Kunle Adeyemi, Hon. Afolabi Afuape, Mr. Aremu Babatunde, Hon. Olaitan Asekun, Mr Jokotade Taofeek Kashimawo and Hon. Kunle Mudashiru.
The others are Hon. Sule Abbas, Hon Razaq Adetokunbo (Legelege), Mr Lekan Oguntayo. Hon Yaya Fadipe and Hon. Kayode Fabiyi. Engr. Tunji Akinosi is to serve as the Secretary of the Committee.
Gov. Abiodun urged the committee to make recommendations for consideration of the Government on the way forward for these unions.
With the formation of this interim committee, all road transport associations’ executive councils stand dissolved.
Cover Of The Week
- Crisis in childhood HIV treatment in western and central Africa February 17, 2020
- Basketball Africa League (BAL): Transcripts of All Star 2020 Game Players (Sunday February 16, 2020) February 17, 2020
- Challenger Series Review February 17, 2020
- Mission of the Czech Defense and Security Industry to Djibouti and Ethiopia February 17, 2020
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed receives Ethiopian PM February 17, 2020
- Empowering Health Workers on Child Growth Assessment February 17, 2020
- In a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister, Edgars Rinkēvičs discusses Latvian-Egyptian cooperation and developments in Libya February 17, 2020
- Africa Energy Forum 2020 to address Sustainable Development Goal on Energy (SDG7) and Impact of Energy Investment February 17, 2020
- UNMISS urges parties to form transitional government February 17, 2020
- SA Rugby to host U18 Elite Player Development camp February 17, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship