Gov. AAbiodun Sets Up Interim Committees for Transport Unions, Hajj
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, on Monday named a 13-man committee to coordinate the activities of road transport trade unions in the interim.
Also constituted is the Committee to supervise the 2019 Hajj operations for the State Muslims faithful performing this year’s pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina.
While the interim road transport management committee is Barrister Sunday Olufemi Adeniyi, the Hajj Operation Committee is chaired by Imam Mufutau Majekodunmi.
Other members of the Hajj committee are Alhaji Abdul Gafar Orunsolu, Imam Rufai Sile, Alhaji Misbau Salako and Alhaji Tijani Hassan Ishola are to serve as members of the 2019 Hajj operations.
The other members of the committee are Alhaji Tunde Oladunjoye, Dr (Mrs) Raheemat Oloyede Hon. Kamaru Oduntan and Alhaja Bisola Aliu.
Alhaji Abdul Yekin Arimyau Parakoyi will serve as the Amirul Hajj.
A statement by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Kunle Somorin also stated that the mandate of the Road Transport Associations’ Interim committee is basically to review the operations of the unions and make recommendations on how the unions could be better organised to support the developmental agenda of the state.
The interim Committee is expected to educate and create awareness amongst the stakeholders in the sector on the need to ensure peaceful conduct at all times and avoid any activities that could undermine peace, security and safety of life and property in the state.
The other terms of reference for the transport committee are to institute disciplinary procedures/actions against any conduct or behaviour that could undermine public peace and harness the revenue potential of the road transport for enhanced internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and identification and addressing of any issue(s) that may improve the overall performance of the transport sector in the State.
The members of the committee are: Hon. Kunle Adeyemi, Hon. Afolabi Afuape, Mr. Aremu Babatunde, Hon. Olaitan Asekun, Mr Jokotade Taofeek Kashimawo and Hon. Kunle Mudashiru.
The others are Hon. Sule Abbas, Hon Razaq Adetokunbo (Legelege), Mr Lekan Oguntayo. Hon Yaya Fadipe and Hon. Kayode Fabiyi. Engr. Tunji Akinosi is to serve as the Secretary of the Committee.
Gov. Abiodun urged the committee to make recommendations for consideration of the Government on the way forward for these unions.
With the formation of this interim committee, all road transport associations’ executive councils stand dissolved.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others