The Ogun State Government has expressed shock at the death of frontline politician and businessman, Olajide Awosedo, who passed on Tuesday.
According to a statement issued in Abeokuta by Mr. Kunle Somorin, the Chief Press Secretary to the state Governor, Gov. Dapo Abiodun was quoted as saying: “It was with shock that the news of Revd. Olajide Awosedo was received by the State Government. We are pained that such a gentleman-politician was lost at this hour when his services would have complemented those of other compatriots to reposition Ogun State for greater height.
“At only 68 years,” the statement added, “we had hoped he still had more time to contribute to the nation’s development in politics and business.
“We are however consoled, that while he lived, he left an indelible mark in both politics and business, especially in the property sector where his company, Grant Property, is a key player.
“He will be sorely missed by the people and Government of Ogun State who he had aspired to serve as Governor in 2011.
“We pray that the Lord Almighty consoles his wife, children and other family members. May God grant his friends, associates and colleagues too, the fortitude to bear this huge loss”
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS