Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, Monday signed into law the State 2020 Appropriation Bill into law.
The bill took 24 days to pass by the Assembly and 27 day to get the Governor’s assent.
The 2020 budget proposal was N449.97bn. The Assembly retained the budget size with an adjustment to the capital expenditure leading to an increment of N2.1bn for capital projects.
The realignment moved the capital estimate from N269, 132,349,884.46 to N271, 232,349,884.46.
Prince Dapo Abiodun while assenting to the Bill assured the people of the state that his administration would be measured by the performance of the budget hence the implementation of the year 2020 budget was sacrosanct.
He noted that his administration would also follow through on all of its vision and that his administration would ensure that the budget was implemented to the letter.
Abiodun said that his administration would ensure that all the assumptions that have been made in the area of revenue generation was met. He added that his administration is determined to ensure that the citizens of the state enjoy the dividend of democracy.
“On the part of the executive, we affirm that our appreciation will be further underscored by the implementation of this budget. I believe that is indeed how we can demonstrate the appreciation of this speedy passage to the House of Assembly and to the rest of the citizens of this state by extension.
“We will ensure that this budget is implemented to the letter, we will do everything to ensure that all the assumptions that have been made, particularly in the areas of revenue generation becomes a reality and we will follow through on our vision,” he said.
The Governor commended the State House of Assembly for showing good character in the discharge of their duties, noting that he had had reservation about the House passing the Appropriation Bill in record time.
Earlier in his remarks, the Speaker, Ogun State House of Assembly, Hon Olakunle Oluomo said the House was pleased to work on the same wave-length with the State Executive arm in order to serve the peple better.
“It was done in the belief of the House that the Executive Arm would do justice to the budget and also follow it in details in a way that it will bring dividends of democracy to the people”, the Speaker added.
The governor aside signing the year 2020 budget, also signed the bill on the establishment of the Sport Commission and the Trust Fund Bills earlier passed by the Assembly.
The passed bill was titled: HB. No. 032/OG/2019-Year 2020 Appropriation Law, followed the presentation of the report of the House Committee on Finance and Appropriation, led by Hon. Olakunle Sobukanla, who thereafter moved the motion for its adoption. It was seconded by Sylvester Abiodun and unanimously supported by all the lawmakers through a voice vote.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: A breakdown of cases by state May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 313 new cases of COVID-19 May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Testing of samples from truck drivers, community and contacts is still ongoing May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) training conducted by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Team May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: Status Update for COVID-19 (24 May 2020) May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (24th May 2020) May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (24 May 2020) May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update, 24 May 2020 May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed cases stand at 1214 May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (108,109) deaths (3,260), and recoveries (42,937) May 24, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news2 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award