Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has signed the Revised 2020 Appropriation Bill into Law, with a pledge to pay attention to health, education, infrastructure and other sectors that would boost the State’s economy.
Signing the Budget, which was reduced from N449.97bn to N280bn in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, after receiving it from the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Olakunle Oluomo, Governor Abiodun said his government would work within the budget, to ensure that the people get its benefits.
“I want to appreciate our Lawmakers for expediting action on the Bill. The relationship between the legislature and the executive is exemplary. Issues relating to moving the state forward, are always given due and prompt attention.
“The House has done the needful. They have done a good work. We will do our best to ensure that we work within the budget, by paying attention to those sectors that impart positively on our people”, the Governor explained.
He noted that the review of the budget was due to the adverse effect of the COVID-19 pandemic, in line with the current realities, adding that government would fix the inadequacy in health sector, as exposed by the Coronavirus.
Speaking earlier, Speaker Oluomo, explained that relevant stakeholders were engaged in the course of amending the Bill, expressing the hope that it would re-engineer the socio-economy of the State.
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries