The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has commissioned 100 patrol vans and 200 motorcycles to strengthen internal security in the State.
The Governor who applauded the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, for his swiftness at ensuring that normalcy was restored back to the state when kidnappers struck in the state between the 23rd and 24th of July and the 1st of August said that the state would hence forth continue to have a zero tolerance for criminality, cultism, kidnappings and other unwholesome attitudes in the state.
Prince Abiodun made this known at the presentation of one hundred vehicles and two hundred motorbikes at the arcade ground of the governors office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, said that the helicopter that was released for surveillance on the instance of the president helped the state in curbing the issue.
The governor affirmed that no part of the State would be a safe haven for criminals and criminality in whatever form, adding that with the reconstituted security trust fund which had being moribund,his administration amended the law setting it up, with a view that the reconstituted security trust fund won’t have governance issues, as it had in the past.
” We reconstituted our security trust fund which had being being moribund, we amended the law setting it up so that we can have in the fund people who can make it successful and also ensure that it has the right governance, so that it can be autonomous and independent,” he said.
In his response, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu noted that he came to sensitize and encourage men of the force in the state to continue to add more value to issues of security, saying that the federal government was doing a lot in terms of equipping the Nigerian Police.
He said that the federal government having noticed that the force was lacking behind in terms of weapons and other equipments, had embarked on the purchase of equipments, which he said would help the men discharge their duties properly.
Adamu also added that the Nigeria Police would be introducing a community Policing across the country, adding that, when the time for recruitment comes, he would come and ask the state government for assistance in the area of recruiting best hands.
He also disclosed that the Nigeria Police would be leaving behind a special task force to be headed by Fimihan Adeoye, a former commissioner of police in Osun state to help the state in bringing an end to criminal activities.
Cover Of The Week
- Mozambique President Named Africa Oil & Power’s “Person of the Year” for 2020 September 30, 2020
- African Guarantee Fund Appoints Jules Ngankam as Group Chief Executive Officer September 30, 2020
- Orange Campus Africa, Orange’s New African E-Learning Platform September 30, 2020
- HUAWEI now offers safe and contactless digital payment options with the launch of Mondia Pay on HUAWEI Mobile Services (HMS) in the MEA Region September 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (55) reporting COVID-19 cases (1,472,433) deaths (35,954), and recoveries (1,217,457) September 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (29th September 2020) September 30, 2020
- Towards the establishment of a National Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system in Burkina Faso September 30, 2020
- World Health Organization (WHO) to Investigate Allegations of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in Ebola Response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 29, 2020
- African Island States Launch Joint Medicines Procurement Initiative September 29, 2020
- A Whole New Finals: NBA Restart by the Numbers September 29, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital