JIM OVIA WITHDRAWS FROM THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
Following the hypersensitivity of the issues surrounding the lives and well-being of Nigerian citizens living in South Africa and to contribute his voice against the poor state of security regarding foreign nationals living in Africa, the Founder/Chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Jim Ovia has withdrawn from further activities at the World Economic Forum Africa 2019, taking place in Cape Town, South Africa.
Before taking his exit, Mr. Ovia stressed the need for youth empowerment and better government policies to curb continual attacks on persons living within and outside Africa. He belaboured that until positive change towards collective growth happens on this front, the continent would not reach its potential.
Mr. Ovia added that full support should be rendered in vocational education of the young persons living in not just Nigeria but Africa. According to him, the Jim Ovia Foundation has taken up a stance on this issue, having empowered over 3,500 students and entrepreneurs since its inception. He called on other members of the private sector to join hands and solve this menace plaguing the African continent.
Cover Of The Week
- Conquerors Ladies crowned 2020 Ghana Rugby Women's Champions February 16, 2020
- Hard work ahead for SA’s Guinness PRO14 sides February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League: Transcripts of NBA players’ reactions at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Vodacom Super Rugby Review – Round 3 February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League announces the 12 teams that will compete in Inaugural Season February 16, 2020
- Africa: Transcript of NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's Press Conference at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Stop Locusts In East Africa Now Or Pay Much More To Help People Later – World Food Programme (WFP) February 14, 2020
- MINUSMA condemns the attack on Ogossagou February 14, 2020
- Four countries in the African region license vaccine in milestone for Ebola prevention February 14, 2020
- Luxury lifestyle platform Lux Afrique appoints APO Group as their global public relations agency February 14, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship