In its bid to give the Judiciary a balanced and well-structured Judicial Service Commission, the Ogun State Government under the leadership of Prince Dapo Abiodun, has graciously approved the appointment of 7 members of the Commission to oversee the activities of the Judicial arm of government in the State.
The Ogun State Judicial Service Commission has the advisory role of giving advice to the National Judicial Council (NJC) on matters regarding the nomination of the Chief Judge, other judges of the High Court, and other Judicial service staff.
According to a statement signed by the Secretary to the Ogun State Government, Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, the Judicial Service Commission would have as its Chairman, the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Mosunmola Dipeolu, while Mr Kolawole Peters would serve as the Secretary to the Commission.
Other members of the Commission include the Attorney-General of the State, Barr. Joel Soyinka, Barr. Nurudeen Aina, Yetunde Adesanya and Sola Elegbeji.
The Commission will be inaugurated soon.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Kakamega County has established five COVID-19 treatment centres August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Minister Zweli Mkhize confirms total of 553188 cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 (8th August, 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Botswana: The Presidential COVID-19 Task Team Results August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Daily Status Update (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Booi encourages her team-mates as South Africa (SA) celebrates Women's Day August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: Returning back home during a global pandemic August 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 541 people living with HIV and AIDS in Yumbe traced and linked back into care August 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (8th August 2020) August 8, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries