By Ifeoma Ikem
A Yoruba cultural organization”Yoruba Koya leadership and Training Foundation June 12 Rally, today protested the illegal activities of Fulani herdsmen in Yoruba land.
The protest which took at the Gani Fawehinmi garden at Ojota area of Lagos was greeted by prominent sons and daughters of Yoruba state who were anger over the spate of kidnapping and destruction of farmland which have spread to all state in the South-West of Nigeria.
The co-ordinator of the group, Otunba Deji Osibogun who address the gathering said the activities of the herdsmen in the region is a serious concern to the Yoruba race.
According to him what is currently happening may end eager the lives of the Yoruba people.
The event however was successful in Lagos but could not hold in other Yoruba state like, Ogun, Oyo, and Ondo state as most of coordinators were arrested by operatives of DSS who misunderstood the protest.
Another group led by Mr Makanjuola Mohammed said it is high time for federal government to take action,”, enough is enough”.
A Yoruba stakeholder at the occasion, Chief Olufemi Kufo said the insecurity in Nigeria is due to the vast land space, and porous border to infiltriate the land.
Speaking on the democracy, he pointed that there is no country in the world that practice true democracy, it is by God almighty that Nigeria is living. For example in’ Nigeria have different tribes, cultures and languages, it is true federalism is what can help us out.
A representative of PANDEF, South-South /Middle belt forum, kentebe Denzil, said the forum is corroborating with South-West to fight for the future of the country because we are all one and we the best for Nigeria.
We urged urged federal goverment to address the issue of insecurity in the country,many Nigerians are living with fear .
The group thank Lagos state government for giving approval for allowing them to use the venue to address the issue.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS