By Ifeoma Ikem
A Yoruba cultural organization”Yoruba Koya leadership and Training Foundation June 12 Rally, today protested the illegal activities of Fulani herdsmen in Yoruba land.
The protest which took at the Gani Fawehinmi garden at Ojota area of Lagos was greeted by prominent sons and daughters of Yoruba state who were anger over the spate of kidnapping and destruction of farmland which have spread to all state in the South-West of Nigeria.
The co-ordinator of the group, Otunba Deji Osibogun who address the gathering said the activities of the herdsmen in the region is a serious concern to the Yoruba race.
According to him what is currently happening may end eager the lives of the Yoruba people.
The event however was successful in Lagos but could not hold in other Yoruba state like, Ogun, Oyo, and Ondo state as most of coordinators were arrested by operatives of DSS who misunderstood the protest.
Another group led by Mr Makanjuola Mohammed said it is high time for federal government to take action,”, enough is enough”.
A Yoruba stakeholder at the occasion, Chief Olufemi Kufo said the insecurity in Nigeria is due to the vast land space, and porous border to infiltriate the land.
Speaking on the democracy, he pointed that there is no country in the world that practice true democracy, it is by God almighty that Nigeria is living. For example in’ Nigeria have different tribes, cultures and languages, it is true federalism is what can help us out.
A representative of PANDEF, South-South /Middle belt forum, kentebe Denzil, said the forum is corroborating with South-West to fight for the future of the country because we are all one and we the best for Nigeria.
We urged urged federal goverment to address the issue of insecurity in the country,many Nigerians are living with fear .
The group thank Lagos state government for giving approval for allowing them to use the venue to address the issue.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others