GTB, Fidelity and Diamond bank have been blaclisted by the Nigeria Customs Service on Monday, July 27, 2015.
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has suspended three commercial banks from collecting customs duties, the Public Relations Officer of Nigeria Customs Service, Mr Wale Adeniyi, said yesterday.
He named the banks as GT Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc and Diamond Bank Plc and called on relevant stakeholders to take note of the new development.
“The three banks were suspended because they did not discharge their full obligation as partners in the customs revenue collection scheme.
“Unfortunately, they failed to discharge their responsibilities in accordance with the terms of the agreement they signed with Nigeria Customs Service.
“We might not be able to provide you with the details now but we believe that, in the course of our investigations, we will be able to provide more details.
“However, we will continue to work with the banks and relevant stakeholders to ensure speedy resolution of the contending issues and possibly reinstate the affected banks,’’ Adeniyi said.
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FIRSTBANK AGRIC EXPO SET TO PROMOTE NEW AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator. “ No Cause For Alarm”
PSN urged federal government to set up presidential committee on drug distribution
Cover Of The Week
- Torrential rains destroy shelters for displaced people in northeast Nigeria August 23, 2019
- African Women Dialogue Across Generations August 23, 2019
- The launch meeting of Gavi’s third replenishment August 23, 2019
- World Health Organization (WHO) supports Cross River State in administering polio vaccines to Cameroonian refugees August 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Rwanda and Uganda August 23, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov meets the Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt Abir Alam Eldin August 23, 2019
- Somalia security remains a concern, head of UN Mission warns Security Council August 22, 2019
- WHO and Africa CDC agree on joint actions to improve health security in Africa August 22, 2019
- Restoring people’s trust in medical facilities an essential prescription for achieving universal health coverage August 22, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Sudan August 22, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others