From February 4th to 16th, 2020, Lagos will play host to some of the most prestigious teams for Africa’s premier polo competition – the 2020 Lagos International Polo Tournament.
Sponsored by leading African Financial Institution, Guaranty Trust Bank plc, the competition will feature 39 teams; the highest number till date. The teams will compete in four major cups; the Silver Cup, Open Cup, Low Cup, and Majekodunmi Cup. The finals of the Silver Cup and Open Cup will hold on Sunday 9th February 2020, while the finals of the Low Cup and Majekodunmi Cup hold on Sunday 16th February 2020.
This year, the Lagos International Polo Tournament, themed “Lagos Develops Polo”, aims to encourage the participation of young and indigenous talented players while featuring top class action from some of the most experienced and acclaimed polo players in and out of the country, including South Africa’s Chris Mackenzie +7, Argentina’s Andres Crespo +5, Raul Laplacette +7 and Santiago de Estrada +6, as well as Nigeria’s Neku Atawodi-Edun +5, the first black female polo player and the highest-handicapped female player at the tournament.
Over the years, GTBank has been at the forefront of supporting Polo; widely revered as the Sport of Kings, and promoting the Lagos International Polo Tournament, which has hosted reputable personalities such as His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales. Played on the grounds of the Lagos Polo Club, Ikoyi, the premier polo club in the country, the tournament has featured polo greats like Alphonso Pieres, Gonzalo Pieres and Alan Kent.
Commenting on GTBank’s sponsorship of the 2020 Lagos International Polo Tournament, Segun Agbaje, Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank plc, said; “We love the game of polo, not only because it is one of the most anticipated events in the social calendar of the country, but also because its values such as discipline, rigour and fair play strongly resonates with our brand.
He further stated that; “Our sponsorship of the 2020 NPA Lagos International Polo Tournament also reflects our strong belief in the role of sports as a major vehicle of social development and our commitment to championing activities and events that bring people together.”
Guaranty Trust Bank is a leading advocate of Sports Education as a major way of promoting the values of excellence and fair play whilst laying a solid foundation for the emergence of sporting talent. The Bank maintains a defined Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy focused on championing causes and fostering initiatives that transform lives and uplift communities. Alongside the GTBank Lagos International Polo Tournament, the Bank organizes and sponsors several other sports competitions, one of which is the GTBank Masters Cup; a football competition amongst secondary schools in Lagos State.
Cover Of The Week
- Jubilee Insurance and Allianz forge Strategic Partnership October 20, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum Announces Speaker Line-up for AWIEF2020 Conference October 20, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 19th October 2020 October 20, 2020
- Winners of Uganda Press Photo Award and East African Photography Award Announced Canon strengthens October 20, 2020
- 5th Africa Fintech Summit to be held virtually October 20, 2020
- Five Key Factors for a Future-Oriented Digital Transformation of Electric Power Enterprises October 20, 2020
- Date set for Rugby World Cup 2021 Draw October 20, 2020
- Pulse Nigeria reaches 2.5 million Instagram followers: Pulse leads digital news media distribution throughout Africa with its growing social community October 20, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Assistance from World Health Organization (WHO) to improve COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing in Nigeria October 19, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (19 October 2020) October 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro2 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports2 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital