With worsening living standards, the need for quality healthcare cannot be ignored, hence the Redeemed Christian Church of God, City of David (RCCG COD) established Healing Stripes Hospital (HSH), as part of its Christian Social Reform the first faith-based Cancer Screening Centre in Nigeria.
The hospital started as an Out-patient Clinic in 2010 by offering primary care and community healthcare outreaches with determination to ensure that quality health care is accessibly affordable and reliable.
In 2012, ‘Makoko Care Clinic’ was birthed to offer free out-patient clinics to the Makoko community every quarter. Other communities that have benefitted from the medical outreaches done by the hospital are Ilaje, Oshodi, Bar Beach, Oniru New Market and Mayegun community located in Lekki.
The Healing Stripes Cancer Screening & Diagnostics Centre has screened over 101, 837 people and 9,505 dialysis sessions have been completed at subsidized rate with a good number done for free.
According to Doctor in-charge of Healing Stripes Hospital (HSH), Dr. Ezinne Onyemere, HSH which is the Christian Social Responsibility (CSR) project of RCCG and a partner of His Love Foundation, a charity arm of the Church ,has been supporting healthcare delivery in the country and from inception by offering quality health care through diagnostics, laboratory, pharmaceutical, dialysis and ambulance services.
Dr. Ezinne further mentioned that HSH has completed successfully 9 kidney transplants in partnership with medical institutions abroad
In June 2019, for providing extensive health care services, the hospital was awarded with most Outstanding CSR Health Project of the Year by the Nigerian Healthcare Excellence Award 2019 for giving free dialysis to the less privileged.
“The Dialysis Support Scheme is the reason why we won the award. It shows that whatever you put your mind to do it is possible regardless of the circumstance. Health care system is really a complex system and it is something you can do if you are determined,” excited Ezinne said.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS