Heritage Bank Plc said it has closed down an Experience Centre- EC (branch) at Allen Avenue; Ikeja over “unconfirmed case” of Coronavirus for deep hygiene clean up after an employee took ill last week.
The bank in a statement made available to the press and customers, noted “in line with our emergency response plan and following regulatory practices, we have taken immediate steps to close down Allen Avenue, Ikeja Experience Centers- EC (branch) for thorough disinfections of the affected location.”
Contrary to rumour, the bank disclosed that whilst the suspected staff awaits her medical test from the Covid-19 Test Centre in Yaba, she had not exhibited any symptoms related to the virus.
“Neither of the suspected person or others in the EC had exhibited any symptoms,” the bank said in the statement.
Specifically, the bank stated that staff were advised to self-isolate for 14days forthwith which was in consonance with Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The bank stated that the EC will undergo “thorough disinfections,” further affirmed, “Customers and staff safety remains paramount; hence we will recommence business with new set of relief employees, as the current staff self-isolate.”
In the interim, the bank advised customers, “please visit other ECs or branches in Ikeja where you can conduct your daily transactions. Otherwise, you can use our alternate e-channels for seamless service deliveries.
“Heritage Bank remains resolute to continually serve you seamlessly despite prohibitions imposed on physical contact through our bouquet of electronic products which have been made available on notable mobile stores and our website (www.hbng.com).”
The bank noted that it would continue to intensify ongoing efforts via its intranet and other channels to keep staff and customers up-to-date with the latest COVID-19 information and provide clear direction and guidance expected of workers and customers.
“We have setup a COVID-19 Support Centre to offer COVID-19 safety tips to all our customers during this period, in support of the efforts of the Government and relevant bodies. Please send any information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic via these channels: E-mail: HeritageBankCovid19Support@hbng.com and contact number: 01-2369099,” the bank stated.
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries