HMOD CHARGES NEWLY PROMOTED GENERALS ON LOYALTY AND PROFESSIONALISM
Sahara Weekly Reports That The Honourable Minister of Defence (HMOD) Major General Bashir Magashi(rtd) has charged newly promoted senior officers of the Nigerian Army (NA) to discharge their duties professionally and remain loyal to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The HMOD made the remarks today 30 December 2021during the decoration of newly promoted Brig Gens to the substantive rank of Major General and Colonels to the rank of Brigadier General at the Army Headquarters Command Officers’ Mess 1, Asokoro, Abuja.
The HMOD, who was the Special Guest of Honour at the event, felicitated with the newly promoted senior officers, describing their elevation as a recognition for their diligence and selfless sacrifices individually and collectively to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and the nation in general.
He reminded the promoted senior officers of the enormous responsibilities that come with their promotion, adding that the country relied on their wealth of knowledge, character and professionalism to develop an enduring panacea that will completely defeat insurgency, banditry and other forms of criminality in the country.
The HMOD assured that the Federal Government will continue to support the NA, especially in the acquisition of military hardware to facilitate the conduct of its operations across the country.
Speaking at the investiture, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Faruk Yahaya charged the newly decorated senior officers to remain loyal to the President and constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He reminded them of the current security challenges and urged them to remain focused in their effort to ensure peace and security across the country.
He expressed appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari and for his strategic guidance and the confidence reposed in the NA and other security agencies.
One of the newly decorated senior officers, Major General Chijioke Onwunle, who spoke on behalf of all the decorated officers reaffirmed their unalloyed loyalty to the President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces and the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Dignitaries that graced the occasion are the Honourable Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Magashi (rtd), Executive Governor of Edo State, His Excellency, Godwin Obaseki, Chairman Senate Committee on Army, Senator Ali Ndume, Chairman House Committee on Army Honourable Abdulrazak Namdas, the Speaker Kaduna State House of Assembly Rt Hon Yusuf Zailani, Nigerian Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, His Excellency Lt Gen Tukur Buratai (Rtd), Representatives of the Chiefs of Naval and Air Staff, President Nigerian Army Officers’ Wives Association Mrs Salamatu Faruk Yahaya, serving and retired senior officers, Principal Staff Officers from Defence and Services Headquarters, amongst others.
Director Army Public Relations
30 December 2021
Cover Of The Week
- UN delegation held meeting with Foreign Minister and Presidential Advisor January 28, 2022
- President Kenyatta's Meeting With Top Security Chiefs January 28, 2022
- Africities summit places urban-rural linkages at the heart of the debate January 28, 2022
- Qatar Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire Lays Foundation Stone for Health Centre, Mosque Project in Cote d'Ivoire January 28, 2022
- Manufacturing Plant of Anti-covid and Other Vaccines, Project 'of Highest Importance' January 28, 2022
- Ambassador of Saudi Arabia delivers a message to Minister Radegonde January 28, 2022
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Madagascar and Netherlands January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- UNPOL trains police officers and other organized forces in Upper Nile State on crime management January 28, 2022
- Uganda: MPs task Govt to explain shooting of Police officer January 28, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society2 months ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment