However, as ‘loud’ as the actress could be, she maintained that she kept her marriage off social media for privacy and spiritual reasons.
She told Saturday Beats, “My marriage is the part of my life I wanted to be quiet about. I know that I have always been loud about all my relationships but I also like and deserve privacy too. I only show people what I want them to see. It is my marriage and everyone should not know who I am married to. My husband does not like social media. Before some people bombard him with messages on social media, looking for what is not lost. He does not even comment on my Instagram posts. I know I am a loud person but even spiritually, it is advisable not to always have too much buzz around everything one does. I gave birth and no one knew until they saw my child. Everything is possible as long as one has people who are not selling one out. It is one’s friends that often sell one out, and once one cuts that down, one’s secret would be safe.
Nkechi Blessing further stated that, “My husband knows what I can do and he is not bothered about gossips he reads online. He is what people call the ‘ginger partner’. He knows the truth about me and that is why I can be unapologetic of my actions. I think it is important for one to marry an understanding partner.”
The bubbly actress also stated that her greatest fear was losing her mother. She said, “Of course, I have fears and down moments. My greatest fear is losing my mum. I don’t ever want to lose her. In fact, if it is possible to keep her for life, I will do that. I also do not have any insecurity. I am always confident in myself. I don’t entertain any insecurity. The only time things get to me is when false claims are peddled about me. Most of the things that go viral about me are not true. But, I always resist the urge to give a detailed explanation to defend myself. I also wonder why rumour mongers do not allow me to be. Why would people twist a story to entertain their audience. But, this is the life I signed up for and I had already prepared my mind for it. I have also learnt from some of the people I am close friends with. I know and see what they have also been through at the hands of bullies and trolls.”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (15 April 2021) April 16, 2021
- African Union holds global conference to accelerate African vaccine development and manufacturing capacity April 16, 2021
- Ultra-fast, and responsive - first details of EOS R3 revealed, Canon's latest professional mirrorless for sports and news April 16, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
Politics5 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion4 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics5 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?