News broke out this morning and had it that Super star, Iyanya, who has been silent for some time in the industry has signed on to Don Jazzy’s owned record label, Mavin Record.
This brought about mixed feelings among fans as the singer once said he will be starting his own record label which was the reason he parted ways with his former Manager and CEO of Made Men Music Group (MMMG), Ubi Franklin.
In an interview with LIB his former boss, Ubi Franklin spoke about how he feels about the latest development.
LIB: News broke this morning that your former partner, Iyanya has signed onto Don Jazzy’s music label, Mavin Records. We would love to know your stance and reaction to this?
I’m happy for Iyanya. The truth is that, if you are happy for somebody, God will be happy with you and you will be happy with yourself. I don’t have anything against him.
This is music business and everything you do – as far your music is right and you are making the music for the world, it doesn’t depend on the label that you are in for all to enjoy it. I’m happy he is where great music comes out from, a label with one of the best music producers in Africa. I’m so happy for him, today is his birthday and I wish him all the best.
LIB: Iyanya informed everyone initially that he was going to start up his own label. This has however changed. Do you feel betrayed?
We are all human beings; today Iyanya is 30 by age. As a 30-year-old man, you are able to take any decision on your own, you can change your mind, you can do whatever you want to do. The most important thing is that from what I’ve seen, trust me he is happy. Nobody takes a decision that is going to be bad for him.. I still know he still has his own plans for his Label. But at this point, I know Iyanya is where good music comes from.
LIB: So you don’t feel betrayed?
No No! The only way I will feel betrayed is if there was something he owed me and he didn’t give back to me, but there is nothing like that. I’m happy for him.
LIB: Do you see any more collaborations between your team and Iyanya in the future?
That’s the funny thing about music, everything is possible. When you see people in music having issues, just leave them, the wheel goes round, if you check my snapchat, I’m always dancing to his music. There might be a future collaboration, I’m open to anything. I’m a business man, there is nothing we are fighting for.
Cover Of The Week
- WHO Builds trust for COVID-19 Vaccination and Addresses Hesitancy in West Nile Sub Region April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- UN-Habitat and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) partner in cash transfer initiative to cushion Kismayo residents from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
Politics5 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion4 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics5 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?