Connect with us

celebrity radar - gossips

‘I Never Indicted Egbetokun’ — Jesam Michael Rebuts Sowore’s Allegations

Published

on

‘I Never Indicted Egbetokun’ — Jesam Michael Rebuts Sowore’s Allegations

 

 

Abuja — Businessman Jesam Michael has strongly refuted claims attributed to him in a recent report by activist and publisher Omoyele Sowore, describing the publication as false, misleading, and a total misrepresentation of his statements.

 

 

‘I Never Indicted Egbetokun’ — Jesam Michael Rebuts Sowore’s Allegations

 

In an exclusive chat on Saturday, Michael denied ever making the allegations credited to him by Sowore concerning the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun, while both men were reportedly inmates at the Kuje Correctional Centre in October 2025.

 

 

 

 

Sowore, in a widely circulated account, claimed that Michael had alleged receiving operational support from senior police officers, including the provision of office space within the Nigeria Police Force Headquarters, police protection, and the use of officers to detain individuals connected to a purported Ponzi scheme. The report further alleged financial inducements involving senior police officers.

 

 

 

 

However, Michael dismissed the account as “entirely fabricated.”

 

 

 

“I never made those statements to Omoyele Sowore or to anyone else,” Michael said. “At no point did I accuse the Inspector-General of Police or any senior police officer of providing me with offices, police units, or protection. The claims attributed to me are false and malicious. I only met him briefly when he came to greet Nnamdi Kanu’s younger brother whom I share a block with here and there is no way we could have sat down to discuss such fabricated stories ”

 

 

 

Michael specifically rejected claims suggesting that he supported or “served” police officers, insisting that he never stated that he had any police unit at his disposal or that law enforcement personnel acted on his instructions.

 

 

 

 

“I never said I supported police officers or had officers working for me. That allegation did not come from me,” he said.

He also denied claims that his properties were shared among senior police officers, describing the allegation as baseless and untrue.

 

 

 

 

 

“At no time did I say that my properties were shared among police officers or anyone else,” Michael stated.

 

 

Additionally, Michael categorically refuted allegations credited to him that a retired Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Dasuki Galandanchi, collected ₦250 million or played any role in silencing victims.

 

 

 

 

 

“I never mentioned DIG Dasuki Galandanchi, nor did I accuse him or anyone else of collecting money. That statement was never mine,” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

Michael further alleged that Sowore, through intermediaries, had previously attempted to persuade him to publicly indict the IGP in exchange for media backing—an offer he said he firmly rejected.

 

 

 

 

“I was approached repeatedly through a lawyer called Marshall, allegedly acting on Sowore’s behalf, asking that I make statements against the IGP so an article could be published. I refused, and I believe this publication is retaliation for that refusal,” he stated.

 

 

 

 

According to Michael, he declined to entertain the lawyer again after the initial contact, insisting that he would not be used to advance any personal or political agenda.

 

 

 

 

Sowore had earlier narrated his detention following the #FreeNnamdiKanuNow protest, alleging harassment by police officers and accusing the IGP of acting unlawfully in office. His report cited conversations he claimed to have had with Michael during their time in custody as further evidence of alleged corruption within the Nigeria Police Force.

 

 

 

 

 

Michael, however, maintained that any legal issues surrounding him are already before the appropriate authorities and are being handled by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

 

 

 

 

“My case is before the law. I have not, and will not, make reckless allegations against individuals or institutions to gain favour or sympathy,” he said.

 

 

 

 

As of the time of filing this report, the Nigeria Police Force has not issued an official response to either Sowore’s allegations or Michael’s rebuttal.

 

 

 

The development adds a new layer to the ongoing public controversy surrounding Sowore’s claims against the police hierarchy, with Michael’s denial raising questions about the accuracy of statements attributed to private individuals in politically sensitive narratives.

 

Jesam Michael’s business challenges are currently being addressed at the federal high court as well as FCT high court Jabi. He is very confident that justice will surely be done at the end of the day.

 

Joining Sowore in his pursuit of cheap blackmail against the IGP, other senior police officers or anyone else has never and will never be a part of Jesam Michael.

 

To say the least, Jesam Michael is totally disgusted by the stories falsely peddled by Sowore and wishes to totally dissociate him self from the false and malicious stories told by Sowore.

 

Sowore should please look for another willing tool to use not Jesam Michael.

celebrity radar - gossips

General Buratai to deliver University of Ilorin’s distinguished personality lecture

Published

on

Tinubu’s ‘Renewed Hope’ Agenda: General Buratai Remains Loyal, Rebuffs Misinformation – Engr Hassan

General Buratai to deliver University of Ilorin’s distinguished personality lecture

 

​The Department of Criminology and Security Studies at the University of Ilorin has announced that a former Chief of Army Staff and former Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, Ambassador Lt. General (Rtd) Tukur Buratai (CFR), will deliver its prestigious Distinguished Personality Lecture.

 

​The lecture is scheduled to take place on Saturday, 23rd May 2026, at the University Auditorium by 10:00 a.m. The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole (SAN), is expected to be the Chief Host, while Dr. Monsurat Isiaka (Ph.D.), Head of the Department, will serve as Host.

 

​Buratai, who brings a wealth of unmatched experience from his military and diplomatic service, will be speaking on the critical theme: “The Armed Forces of Nigeria and National Security: The Youth and National Aspirations.”

 

​The lecture aims to foster critical conversation about Nigeria’s future security landscape, the pivotal role of the armed forces in national stability, and the interplay between national aspirations and the country’s youth population.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

From Global Stages to Public Service: Media Mogul Fidelis Duker Officially Joins House of Reps Race for Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South

Published

on

From Global Stages to Public Service: Media Mogul Fidelis Duker Officially Joins House of Reps Race for Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South

 

CALABAR, NIGERIA – Renowned media practitioner, veteran filmmaker, and global cultural ambassador, Fidelis Duker, has officially declared his intention to run for the Federal House of Representatives, representing the Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South Federal Constituency.

In a definitive move that bridges the gap between international enterprise and grassroots governance, the Henshaw Town-born pioneer has successfully picked up his Expression of Interest (EOI) form under the platform of the NNigeria Democratic Congress (NDC).

Duker’s entry into the legislative race brings an unprecedented level of global exposure and professional pedigree to Cross River State’s political landscape. For over three decades, he has stood as a towering figure in Africa’s creative economy.

As the founder of the Abuja International Film Festival West Africa’s longest-running film festival, and the Regional Secretary General for the Federation of Pan African Filmmakers (FEPACI), Duker has consistently flown Nigeria’s flag at prestigious international fora worldwide. From presenting the brilliance of African storytelling at the legendary Cannes Film Festival in France to driving strategic industry dialogues across Europe and Africa, his extensive global travels have positioned him as a master of international relations and resource mobilization.

“Our constituency does not suffer from a lack of potential; it suffers from a lack of structured, globally competitive representation,” Duker stated following the collection of his nomination documents. “My career has been defined by creating wealth, building platforms, and placing Nigerian talent on the world map. I am stepping into this race to deploy that exact same global network, corporate discipline, and innovative leadership to bring sustainable development, youth empowerment, and infrastructure to Akpabuyo, Bakassi, and Calabar South.”

Duker’s visionary campaign is backed by an elite, multi-disciplinary educational background curated from top-tier local and international institutions. He holds credentials from the prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism and Crawford University, alongside advanced professional training from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His world-class expertise in broadcasting and mass communications was further sharpened at the globally acclaimed BBC Training Academy and the Deutsche Welle Training Akademie, complementing his academic roots at the Cross River University of Technology.

As the Chief Executive Officer of FAD Media Productions—the powerhouse behind FAD 93.1 FM Calabar, FAD FM 101.3 Abuja and FAD 360 TV, Duker is already one of the largest private-sector employers of youth in Cross River State. His legislative blueprint vows to replicate this success on a macro scale by introducing bills that will be tech-driven youth development projects, positioning bills that will attract foreign direct investment to the constituency’s coastal assets, and ensuring uncompromising transparency in the execution of constituency projects.

The NDC leadership and various community support groups have warmly received his candidacy, describing it as a breath of fresh air and a critical step toward elevating the constituency to international standards of governance and economic growth.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis

Published

on

Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis

By Alhaji Arems (Baba Fuji)

 

 

Veteran Fuji musician King Saheed Osupa is set to release a new 2-in-1 album titled Acapella & Metamorphosis on May 26, 2026.

The announcement was revealed through promotional materials shared across the singer’s official social media pages, where anticipation has already started building among longtime fans of the Fuji icon. The artwork for the project presents Osupa in a calm and regal setting, matching the mature image he has maintained throughout his career.

While full details about the tracklist and featured artists are yet to be officially released, the title of the project has already sparked conversations online. “Metamorphosis” suggests a new phase or evolution, while “Acapella” hints at a more raw or expressive musical direction. Together, both titles point toward a project that may combine classic Fuji elements with a refreshed sound and message.

Over the years, Osupa has remained one of the most respected voices in Fuji music, known for his deep lyrical style, cultural storytelling, and loyal fanbase across Nigeria and beyond. Even as the music industry continues to evolve, the singer has maintained strong relevance, especially among audiences who appreciate traditional Yoruba-rooted sounds blended with contemporary production.

The decision to release a 2-in-1 album also stands out at a time when many artists are focusing on shorter projects and singles. For established acts like Osupa, larger releases often serve as a statement of longevity, consistency, and artistic confidence.

Fans have continued to react positively to the announcement online, with many already counting down to the release date. The project is expected to arrive on major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay, YouTube Music, TIDAL, and Deezer.

With the official release now scheduled for May 26, listeners will be watching closely to see what King Saheed Osupa delivers on Acapella & Metamorphosis and whether the project marks another defining moment in his long-running career.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending