Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, is ruing his support for Adams Oshiomhole to emerge the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Imo West APC senatorial candidate bared his mind yesterday at the Orlu Township Stadium, while flagging off his campaign.
Okorocha said the national chairman, whom he christened “Oshi and Ole”, has shown unreliable character.
“My finishing governor as is not a full-stop. It is a comma because after every comma, a sentence will follow. Those who are afraid of me politically have ganged up to fight me, including the person I supported to become the national chairman. That is why they brought Hope Uzodinma. He is not running for any election, but was only recruited to fight me in my Orlu zone.
“I am also running for the Senate election to attract a lot of things for Orlu people. You have seen what I have done as a governor. When I go to the Senate, there will be a massive difference. Nzeribe, Izunaso and Uzodinma had wasted the position for years, as there is no project they can boast of in Orlu zone. They were only interested in their pockets,” the governor said.
He challenged his rival in the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Senator Osita Izunaso, to present what he did when he served the zone for four years.
“Please, ask Osita Izunaso what he has been able to attract to Orlu zone for the four years he spent in the House of Representatives and four years he spent as a senator, not even a bungalow was attracted to Orlu zone. So, he should go and sit down.
“I am very grateful to you all. I have never seen in my life a senatorial rally taking the shape of a national rally. The crowd here is intimidating and has humbled me. What I understand is that you are saying to me Rochas carry go; you are saying to me, go to Abuja.”
Cover Of The Week
- U.S. and Ghana partner to Build Capable and Resilient Security and Justice Sector Institutions January 23, 2020
- Intensifying cooperation on Libya – Maas visits Algiers and Tunis January 23, 2020
- Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation, Moroccans residing abroad in Rabat January 23, 2020
- 2020 Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) launched January 23, 2020
- Chinese Embassy in Tanzania Held a Round-table to Enhance Cooperation With Major Tanzanian Media January 23, 2020
- Winning community trust in Ebola control January 23, 2020
- SA sides gear up for action-packed Guinness PRO14 derby January 23, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) condemns Burkina Faso blast January 23, 2020
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Ambassador of Japan analyze the strengthening of Bilateral Cooperation between Angola and Japan January 23, 2020
- U.S. Government handover 16 Motorcycles to President’s Office – Regional Administrator and Local Government (PORALG) for improved Community HIV Services January 23, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria