Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, is ruing his support for Adams Oshiomhole to emerge the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Imo West APC senatorial candidate bared his mind yesterday at the Orlu Township Stadium, while flagging off his campaign.
Okorocha said the national chairman, whom he christened “Oshi and Ole”, has shown unreliable character.
“My finishing governor as is not a full-stop. It is a comma because after every comma, a sentence will follow. Those who are afraid of me politically have ganged up to fight me, including the person I supported to become the national chairman. That is why they brought Hope Uzodinma. He is not running for any election, but was only recruited to fight me in my Orlu zone.
“I am also running for the Senate election to attract a lot of things for Orlu people. You have seen what I have done as a governor. When I go to the Senate, there will be a massive difference. Nzeribe, Izunaso and Uzodinma had wasted the position for years, as there is no project they can boast of in Orlu zone. They were only interested in their pockets,” the governor said.
He challenged his rival in the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Senator Osita Izunaso, to present what he did when he served the zone for four years.
“Please, ask Osita Izunaso what he has been able to attract to Orlu zone for the four years he spent in the House of Representatives and four years he spent as a senator, not even a bungalow was attracted to Orlu zone. So, he should go and sit down.
“I am very grateful to you all. I have never seen in my life a senatorial rally taking the shape of a national rally. The crowd here is intimidating and has humbled me. What I understand is that you are saying to me Rochas carry go; you are saying to me, go to Abuja.”
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries