Nollywood star cum politician, Desmond Elliot is a year older today, February 3rd, 2019 and in the spirit of celebration, the lawmaker who’s a core grassroot man used the opportunity to reach out to his own.
The rendezvous was the popular Paddington Field behind Stadium hotel, Surulere where the honourable member of the Lagos State House of Assembly hosted his constituency’s grassroot politicians.
According to him, the choice to celebrate with my people is just a way of thanking them for the undying support and encourage them to look forward to greater things yet to come.
The occasion was thrown open with special prayers for the celebrant followed by introduction of special guests present including the beloved mother of the celebrant who flew in all the way from Atlanta to celebrate with her darling son who’s been making her proud.
There’s no doubting the fact that Hon. Desmond is a man of the people as his guests practically turned the celebration to a campaign ground of sort drumming their support for a second term for the host of honour.
People from various fields of human endeavour including the locals stormed the occasion with great excitement.Top personalities such as the local government chairman of Surulere, Hon. Tajudeen, actress Dayo Amusa and many others were all present.
To win hearts is an art. It is an art not everyone can perform, It really takes a lot of training and a bit of humility sometimea, Hon. Desmond Elliot must have possessed all these as he has effortlessly won the hearts of many who relentlessly vouch their support for his continuity in the House of Assembly as their representative.
The talented actor cum politician used this great occasion to give out assortment of expensive gifts to politicians in his constituency commending their hard work and input in pushing Surulere forward.
He gave out sewing machines, grinding mills, deep freezers, generators, digital cameras, ludo games, sewing machines, iPhones, volcanising machines, chairs, tables, just to name but a few.
While speaking to Enquirermag, the lawmaker said he decided to celebrate his birthday with his people as a way of making them partake in his blessings because God has blessed him.
He also went on to say his greatest wish on this beautiful born-date of his is that God should continue to bless his mother with long life and health so she can live to see her beloved son grow old gloriously.
To whom much is given like they say, much is expected, the people of Surulere who’re definitely proud of their choice and ready to see him through his second term also reciprocated the gesture by showering him with gifts and dance presentations.
Support groups such as Little City G12, CWC Women, the Keggites and many others expressed their joy of being part and parcel of this great man’s birthday and according to them they will always stand by the Hon. Desmond Elliot because he stands by what is right.
There were lots of drinks and assorted meals to savour at the event and everyone definitely went home feeling overfed
It is worth reiterating just how far the ambitious Hon. Desmond can go just to make the people he serves happy.
It was such a sweet and unique birthday celebration that whosoever present will no doubt leave to remember.
Chichi Marvis and Bisola Badmus who covered the event
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Tony Kabaka threatens to kill himself if Gov Obaseki demolishes his Ugbor Hotel…video
Cover Of The Week
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
- National Energy Services Reunited Corp. to Release Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Nov 6th October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin