The Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, on Wednesday, said he would not celebrate 100 days in office but would rather share his achievements with the people of the state on Friday.
Abiodun, who said he did not believe in celebration of the milestone, said the period would be used to share his performance within the first 100 days in office.
Speaking at the state’s free medical screening initiative held at Ilishan High School, in Ikenne, the governor said he had spent his first 100 days to lay a foundation for his vision, tagged, ‘Building our Future Together.”
Abiodun, who spoke with journalists at the venue of the event, said his administration had put together the foundation for the agenda within the first 100 days.
He said, “I don’t know whether our administration will be marking a milestone. I think what we believe is sharing with you what we have been able to achieve in 100 days and those things are the foundation of our vision.
“As we have shared with you during the campaign, we have laid the foundation of all those things. You have started seeing them, like the roads we are constructing, the ICT, the Tech-up and so on. They will be unveiled to you in the next few days.”
On the free medical exercise, the governor said his administration was committed to preventive medicine rather than its curative aspect.
Medical experts screened residents for high blood pressure; blood sugar level; random determined malaria among others, on the occasion.
Abiodun said his administration had laid emphasis on preventive medicine because it was cheaper and also helps to detect and stop partial or permanent damage to health.
He said, “We cannot afford to allow ailments that are preventable to continue to make our people bed-ridden or take their lives.
“This is why we must continue to have health screenings and monitor the health status of our people.”
Cover Of The Week
- Conquerors Ladies crowned 2020 Ghana Rugby Women's Champions February 16, 2020
- Hard work ahead for SA’s Guinness PRO14 sides February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League: Transcripts of NBA players’ reactions at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Vodacom Super Rugby Review – Round 3 February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League announces the 12 teams that will compete in Inaugural Season February 16, 2020
- Africa: Transcript of NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's Press Conference at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Stop Locusts In East Africa Now Or Pay Much More To Help People Later – World Food Programme (WFP) February 14, 2020
- MINUSMA condemns the attack on Ogossagou February 14, 2020
- Four countries in the African region license vaccine in milestone for Ebola prevention February 14, 2020
- Luxury lifestyle platform Lux Afrique appoints APO Group as their global public relations agency February 14, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship