The Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, on Wednesday, said he would not celebrate 100 days in office but would rather share his achievements with the people of the state on Friday.
Abiodun, who said he did not believe in celebration of the milestone, said the period would be used to share his performance within the first 100 days in office.
Speaking at the state’s free medical screening initiative held at Ilishan High School, in Ikenne, the governor said he had spent his first 100 days to lay a foundation for his vision, tagged, ‘Building our Future Together.”
Abiodun, who spoke with journalists at the venue of the event, said his administration had put together the foundation for the agenda within the first 100 days.
He said, “I don’t know whether our administration will be marking a milestone. I think what we believe is sharing with you what we have been able to achieve in 100 days and those things are the foundation of our vision.
“As we have shared with you during the campaign, we have laid the foundation of all those things. You have started seeing them, like the roads we are constructing, the ICT, the Tech-up and so on. They will be unveiled to you in the next few days.”
On the free medical exercise, the governor said his administration was committed to preventive medicine rather than its curative aspect.
Medical experts screened residents for high blood pressure; blood sugar level; random determined malaria among others, on the occasion.
Abiodun said his administration had laid emphasis on preventive medicine because it was cheaper and also helps to detect and stop partial or permanent damage to health.
He said, “We cannot afford to allow ailments that are preventable to continue to make our people bed-ridden or take their lives.
“This is why we must continue to have health screenings and monitor the health status of our people.”
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS