Lagos, Nigeria, April 2, 2018 — Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu, former Director of Partnerships and Evaluation, Tony Elumelu Foundation has assumed her new role as the Foundation’s CEO on April 1. [Ifeyinwa becomes the third CEO and the first African to become the Chief Executive Officer of the Tony Elumelu Foundation.]
In December 2018, the Foundation, the leading African philanthropy committed to empowering African entrepreneurs, announced Mrs. Ugochukwu’s new appointment as CEO and the transition of her predecessor, Parminder Vir, OBE to the Advisory Board of the Foundation.
In her role, Mrs. Ugochukwu will focus on scaling the impact of the 10-year $100million Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme and strengthening relationships between the African and the global entrepreneurship ecosystem, to empower African entrepreneurs with the result of creating jobs and wealth on the continent. She will also take responsibility for positioning TEFConnect – the digital networking platform for African entrepreneurs – as the go-to hub for forging business relationships, sharing experiences and distributing knowledge across Africa.
Mrs. Ugochukwu brings almost two decades of corporate experience, including her most recent role as the Director of Partnerships and Evaluation, to her new position. She is a proven leader with business vision, emotional intelligence and the ability to bring people together. Her ability to shape how the Foundation should position, partner and engage with the wider, development ecosystem is what the Foundation needs as it enters its next stage of scale, expanded impact, monitoring and evaluation, and intelligent mining of its proprietary data on African entrepreneurship.
Speaking on behalf of the Board of Trustees, Tony O. Elumelu, CON, Founder of the Tony Elumelu Foundation said: “We are confident that Ifeyinwa is the right person to launch the Foundation into its new growth phase. Her appointment as CEO strengthens our resolve to scale the
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (55) reporting COVID-19 cases (1,055,964) deaths (23,582), and recoveries (744,438) August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update for South Africa (10th August 2020) August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Development of Healthcare Facility for COVID-19 response in Kericho County August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - UNICEF campaign on wearing masks as COVID-19 cases soar across the Middle East and North Africa August 11, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea Continues Proactive Industry Engagement to Support the Oil Sector August 11, 2020
- Centurion Plus boosts availability of agile legal support across Europe August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (10th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: Update COVID-19 10 August 2020 August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 situation updates for week 32 August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: 209 new Cases of COVID-19 reported on 7th August, 2020 August 10, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries