I felicitate with fellow Nigerians at home and abroad on the occasion of the 59th Independence Anniversary of our dear country, Nigeria.
As Nigeria comes of age, with its people increasingly asserting themselves in every sphere of life across the globe, there is indeed much to be proud of in being a Nigerian. Let us count our blessings and be driven forward by them.
But there is still much to be done to fully realise the lofty dreams that inspired our founding fathers in their brave struggle that ended colonialism on our shores 59 years ago. We must never lose sight of our God-given potentials and we must be prepared to do our part in realising Nigeria’s greatness.
For this generation of Nigerians, we must not waver or be discouraged by the challenges of nation-building. The current challenges that Nigeria is going through are definitely not insurmountable and should be seen as a necessary process towards the attainment of greatness.
Therefore, our historic mission today is to keep in mind those dreams of our founding fathers, put our hands to the plough of nation-building and hand over to future generations a great foundation to build on.
The thrust of my goodwill message is to admonish my fellow compatriots to continue to have faith that Nigeria will be great and remain the indissoluble entity envisioned by our founding fathers.
God has endowed us with all it takes to be great. It is imperative on all of us, therefore, to play our parts individually and collectively to build the nation we envision and achieve our destiny of prominence and influence on the global stage.
With our creativity, resilience, hard work and the eagle spirit, we shall surely ride the storms of these challenges to reach the heights that we desire.
We have no need to despair as a people. The leadership of this country is working hard to improve the lives of Nigerians. I appreciate all citizens for the support and the understanding shown so far and urge everyone to remain steadfast.
I assure fellow Nigerians that your representatives in the ninth National Assembly will provide legislative support for every idea and initiative geared towards making Nigeria our pride and beloved homeland.
Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, PhD, CON,
President of the Senate,
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Monday, 30 September, 2019
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
- The Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented letters of credence to the President of South Africa October 16, 2019
- On World Food Day, Government and United Nations highlight healthy diets in South Sudan October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin