Injustice Established under Buhari’s Government- Falana
Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) shared what he describes as injustice being prolonged under the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Falana made this assertion while alluding to the decision of the Federal Government to extradite Sunday Adeyemo, popularly called Sunday Igboho, from the Benin Republic to Nigeria.
He juxtaposed it with the case of the embattled police officer, Abba Kyari, with the authorities adhering to the rule of the law in his wrangle with a convicted fraudster, Hushpuppi.
Falana, who spoke during an interview with BBC Yoruba, noted that the present administration’s injustice is obvious which was why he was against the quick extradition of Kanu to Nigeria.
“The Benin government made its Nigerian counterpart understand that its country is not lawless. They insisted on following the due legal processes and said without going to court, they cannot hand over Igboho to you.
“This is how it should be under the law; the judge will scrutinise Nigeria’s extradition request from Cotonou to Abuja
Cover Of The Week
- Nearly 1 in 2 South African households is subscribed to SVOD September 21, 2021
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria