Bill Cosby is expected to spend the next three to 10 years of his life in a new $400million Pennsylvania state prison while serving out his sentence for drugging and molesting a woman more than a decade ago.
The comedian, 81, was sentenced Tuesday after his April conviction for having drugged and sexually assaulted Andrea Constand, a former Temple University women’s basketball administrator, in 2004.
Cosby is expected to serve out his sentence at SCI Phoenix in Collegeville, Pennsylvania.
The prison is brand new, and said to be state of the art.
SCI Phoenix is a maximum security, 3,830-bed, handicap-accessible, state-of-the-art prison which began operating earlier this year.
The $400million prison is staffed by 1,200 full-time employees and features 164 acreage inside its double ring of razor wire fences and a 1.5mile perimeter.
The cells have bunk beds and storage lockers, as well as a stainless steel toilet and sink combo and a small desk and stool.
Unlike older prisons, SCI Phoenix’s manual key locks have been replaced with electronic cell doors monitored from a central location.
Immediately after his sentencing, Cosby was escorted from the courthouse and into a dark SUV before being taken to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (55) reporting COVID-19 cases (1,055,964) deaths (23,582), and recoveries (744,438) August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update for South Africa (10th August 2020) August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Development of Healthcare Facility for COVID-19 response in Kericho County August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - UNICEF campaign on wearing masks as COVID-19 cases soar across the Middle East and North Africa August 11, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea Continues Proactive Industry Engagement to Support the Oil Sector August 11, 2020
- Centurion Plus boosts availability of agile legal support across Europe August 11, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (10th August 2020) August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: Update COVID-19 10 August 2020 August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 situation updates for week 32 August 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: 209 new Cases of COVID-19 reported on 7th August, 2020 August 10, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries