Jesus Christ was a nationalist – Cleric By Ifeoma Ikem
Dr Samuel Chukwuemeka Uche, the Prelate of Methodist Church has advised Nigerians to work for peace, genuine reconciliation, national integration because Jesus Christ is a nationalist, he never disobeyed any law of the Roman empire rather he obeyed it.
Chukwuemeka who said this during his Christmas message noted that it all started with Jesu’s parents who before His birth travelled all the way from Nazareth to Bethlehem for census and taxation.
He noted that even Jesus was tempted and asked to pay tax so he replied to them saying ‘give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar and to God what belongs to God.
“What that means is that you cannot serve God without being patriotic, we should support the nation, we should obey the law of the land and live by it.
According to him, Christmas teaches us to evaluate ourselves, if we know we are not going on the right part, we should start going on the right part and we should exclude bitterness, ethnicity and tribal sentiment.
“We should make sure we are fair to all and when there is fairness, there’s employment, there’s food on every table, peace and harmony among the children of God .
Chukwuemeka pointed out that when the situation normalizes, those people who team up to terrorise the nation will have no time to associate with Boko haram, IPOB, things will come down, the problem of the society is that people are reacting to bad situations.
“Many people are crying this Christmas, there’s inflation, inflation in transport, in food items and in everywhere,why? when we have a government, the government should come out and regulate various issues so that we will have peace in Nigeria.
“For me Christmas is not only on 25 December, everyday of my life is Christmas and I want to urge those who have, to give to those who don’t have that is the way Christmas should be celebrated,” he added
“I will use this opportunity to give my message of hope concerning electoral laws, electoral bill to be passed into law, President Buhari should make sure that coming elections are credible right from the primary to the general elections.
He urged the authorities to ensure that the right people come on board not thugs, not people in secret cult.
“We can see what is happening in our nation today, it’s because they use members of secret cults as their thugs and the same people that are into cults have metamorphosed into bandits, unknown gunmen and these are people who feed on drugs, that’s why there are misbehaving and this destabilizes our peace”.
He emphasized that if the government want to make Nigeria great it will take them only six months to bring peace to Nigeria.
“So I want them to be serious and make this nation a place that is habitable for all of us.
“We have no other country, Nigeria is our country so we should make it habitable if we want, ‘unfortunately the leaders don’t have the body language to make it habitable.
Cover Of The Week
- Employment and Labour on Teboho Maruping resuming his duties as Unemployment Insurance Fund Commissioner January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Uganda: MPs approve Budget Framework Paper in readiness for FY 2022/23 Budget January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Consultant Moreea discusses progress of Hepatitis C treatment with Prime Minister January 28, 2022
- Tropical Storm Ana Hits hard five countries in the Southern Africa Region January 28, 2022
- UN delegation held meeting with Foreign Minister and Presidential Advisor January 28, 2022
- President Kenyatta's Meeting With Top Security Chiefs January 28, 2022
- Africities summit places urban-rural linkages at the heart of the debate January 28, 2022
- Qatar Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire Lays Foundation Stone for Health Centre, Mosque Project in Cote d'Ivoire January 28, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society2 months ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment