By Ifeoma Ikem
Following the Lagos State Government’s directive limiting gathering no fewer than 50 persons to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in the State,Commander, Lagos State Rapid Response Squad (RRS) DCP Olatunji Disu ask the Victorious Army International Church to comply with the ban
Members of Victorious Army International Church, Ogba, allegedly attacked journalists and Rapid Response Squad teams (RRS),who were monitoring level of compliance on the restriction on social gathering as a measure of preventing the spread of Coronavirus pandemic in Lagos through a press statement .
The state government announced through its official Twitter handle that social gatherings should not exceed 20, a further reduction of the 50 earlier announced after a meeting with religious leaders on Wednesday.
The RRS team were led by Commander Olatunji Disu, a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) on getting to church along Acme Road at past 9:00 a.m. only to be locked out by the church officials immediately they sighted his presence of police officer around to inform other members
Sahara weekly gathered that the journalists TVC’s reporter Ivy Kanu, the cameraman,witha media officers of RRS were physically attack while documenting activities in the church.
As that was going on, other church officials were said to have scampered into the building to notify members of the presence of the police.
“When the entrance gate was opened, some belligerent church members who saw one of the enforcement officers recording the church activities attacked them, seized two mobile phones, a Samsung S8+ and Samsung J4.
To avoid escalating the issue, DCP Disu, asked the management of the church to discontinue the service and subsequently prune down attendance to reflect the directive of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
Meanwhile two phones seized, only the Samsung J4 was produced by the church members who claimed that was the only phone they saw.
The monitoring exercise commenced around 7am and they was total compliance in most of the places visited.
“all religious bodies visited includes,Alausa, Agidingbi, ACME Road, Akilo, Ogba, Aguda, Yahaya Abatan, Omole, Ojodu, Ogudu, Oregun, Toyin, Ikeja GRA, Allen and Opebi. Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Olowopopo, Jobi Fele Way, Alapere, Oba Akran and Obafemi Awolowo Way.
“Some of the churches visited had their services online while some had banners tied to their entrance informing worshippers to go back home.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu has advised Lagosians, club owners and religious bodies to comply with State Government’s directive, as the police would continue to monitor compliance,”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Communique of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union (AU) Heads of State and Government Teleconference on COVID-19, Held on 26 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 7 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Uganda today, Saturday 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Seychelles: New Case of COVID-19 Detected (28 March 2020) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Botswana: Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases statistics in Botswana as of 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: The Head of State Convened a Meeting of the Expanded Security Services Response Committee (Saturday 28 March) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Seven more people have tested positive of coronavirus, four Kenyans, two Congolese and one Chinese, bringing the total to 38 March 28, 2020
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 - 5pm EAT) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Press Statement on the Update of Coronavirus in the Country and Response Measures as at 28th March, 2020 March 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship
Entertainment6 months ago
“Why Ultrabest Dance School is the best in Nigeria”- Juliet Ugwoeje
news2 weeks ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor