By Ifeoma Ikem
The Nigerian Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) has commended the Federal Government and State governments over the strategic approaches and coordinated efforts towards controlling the Coronavirus epidemic and assuring good health for Nigerians.
In a statement signed by Mr. Israel O. Bolaji, NGIJ Vice President, Information and Strategy, the Guild and made available to journalists in Lagos commended both the Federal Government and state governments especially Lagos State over the effective approach and strategies reeled out in stemming the spread of the deadly virus.
The Guild, in view of the new cases, also charged the general public, religious, social and community leaders to strictly comply and encourage their followers to do the same with crowd restriction and personal hygiene measures as directed by the Government and medical authorities to curtail the increasing spread of Covid 19 across the country.
Bolaji added that it has become imperative and a matter of utmost priority for all Nigerians to support government in the fight by complying and educating others to avert an impending catastrophe particularly with the fresh cases popping up in Lagos and the Federal Capital Territory lately.
It has become clear that the epidemic is real and cannot be wished away; government alone can not control the epidemic without the cooperation of the people, and health precautions and abstaining from large gatherings are some of the key strategies for controlling the spread.
Nigeria has recorded 22 cases till date but with the cooperation of the general public, the nation will come out victorious in the battle.
We urge Nigerians to shun mythological beliefs and denials, avoid large gathering and frequently wash their hands with soap and water or with alcohol based hand sanitizers to stay safe and healthy.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Communique of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union (AU) Heads of State and Government Teleconference on COVID-19, Held on 26 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 7 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Uganda today, Saturday 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Seychelles: New Case of COVID-19 Detected (28 March 2020) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Botswana: Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases statistics in Botswana as of 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: 28 March 2020 March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: The Head of State Convened a Meeting of the Expanded Security Services Response Committee (Saturday 28 March) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Seven more people have tested positive of coronavirus, four Kenyans, two Congolese and one Chinese, bringing the total to 38 March 28, 2020
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 - 5pm EAT) March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries March 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Press Statement on the Update of Coronavirus in the Country and Response Measures as at 28th March, 2020 March 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship
Entertainment6 months ago
“Why Ultrabest Dance School is the best in Nigeria”- Juliet Ugwoeje
news2 weeks ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor