Fuji Music living legend, King Wasiu Ayinde Mashal, popularly known as K1 De Ultimate has met the the Representatives of Lagos government and African Church Primary School, Meiran, over his promise to sponsor the education of Oluwatobi Ilelolawa, the 12 year-old Primary Six pupil of African Church Primary School, Meiran, who sketched President Muhammadu Buhari’s portrait with pen without any alteration few days ago.
At the presentation of the kid artist to K1 at Radisson Blu Hotel, Isaac John Street, GRA, Ikeja, the musician said he was committed to the sponsorship of the boy in line with the vision of his 26 year-old Foundation, which was established to help him contribute meaningfully to the society. The issue was brought to the attention of the Fuji icon few months ago by his publicist, Kunle Rasheed, following a Facebook broadcast by Editor, Brands and Marketing of THISDAY Newspapers.
While assuring the parents of the boy that he would henceforth shoulder all financial responsibilities to educate the boy, he urged them to guide and monitor him very well: “As a young boy who is talented, I think the best thing people like us should do is to support him. By doing so, we are not only touching lives but helping the society to grow. I have always maintained that government alone cannot do it, hence the need for individuals and organisations who have the means to sow seeds that would promote development and touch lives by contributing to the society,” he said.
K1 described the boy as a raw talent that must be guided, supported and not allowed to waste.”I was touched when the story was brought to my notice and I see it as one of those things one can do to impact the society. Education is key to success and who knows the boy we are talking about may be a governor or President in the making. He may become another Ben Enwonwu, Bruce Onobrakepya, Wole Soyinka or an international artist of repute in the future. If the society fails to give him the needed support now, posterity will not forgive us. This is the time to lift a hand and groom a talent for posterity.”
Also speaking at the short event, immediate past Minister of Information, Lai Muhammed commended K1 for the gesture and urged other well meaning Nigerians to toe the line and support indigent pupils in the society.
Responding on behalf of Lagos State Ministry of Education, the Education Secretary, Alimosho Local Government, Alhaja Airat Mojirade Alamu, expressed her gratitude to the Fuji Star, adding that his decision to help the boy would send a positive signal to other prominent people in the society on how to impact lives. The Education Secretary, who was represented by Mrs. Yetunde S. Alimi of School Support Services, however prayed that God will continue to bless K1 to be able to impact more lives.
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FIRSTBANK AGRIC EXPO SET TO PROMOTE NEW AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator. “ No Cause For Alarm”
PSN urged federal government to set up presidential committee on drug distribution
Cover Of The Week
- Torrential rains destroy shelters for displaced people in northeast Nigeria August 23, 2019
- African Women Dialogue Across Generations August 23, 2019
- The launch meeting of Gavi’s third replenishment August 23, 2019
- World Health Organization (WHO) supports Cross River State in administering polio vaccines to Cameroonian refugees August 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Rwanda and Uganda August 23, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov meets the Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt Abir Alam Eldin August 23, 2019
- Somalia security remains a concern, head of UN Mission warns Security Council August 22, 2019
- WHO and Africa CDC agree on joint actions to improve health security in Africa August 22, 2019
- Restoring people’s trust in medical facilities an essential prescription for achieving universal health coverage August 22, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Sudan August 22, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others