The Lagos State Government has denounced a report in a section of the media alleging that the Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has abolished the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment.
A statement issued by the Public Affairs Unit of the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment stated that the Ministry was created via an Executive Order (No. EO/AA.OI.2015) of June 17, 2015, to create sustainable wealth for Lagos citizens as well as promote and sustain entrepreneurship, through effective use of strategies and resources, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
The press release referred to Governor Sanwo-Olu’s speech at the inauguration which alluded to the importance of sustainable wealth for Lagosians saying, “great opportunities for employment and wealth creation can only be realised sustainably if we are able to enhance governance with creativity, innovation and technology while embracing collaboration with the private sector and continual dialogue and partnership with all relevant stakeholders”.
According to the statement, the authors of the news story failed to take cognisance of the rejection of three nominees during the screening by the House of Assembly, noting that the proposed portfolios for the disqualified persons remain vacant until the conclusion of the process by the Screening Committee of the legislative arm of Government.
The statement urged newsmen to always remain professional by balancing their stories and leveraging on the harmonious relationship between the Lagos State Government and the media to always verify facts from government spokespersons whenever in doubt.
The release reiterated that the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment has created numerous entrepreneurs since its inception and had carried out diverse programmes to reduce the unemployment rate in the State, through the provision of funding for graduates and non-graduates with initiatives that have made them self-employed as well as employers of labour.
While emphasising the importance of the informal sector due to its contribution to the economic growth of Lagos State, the statement affirmed that the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment will continue to collaborate with the Lagos State Vocational and Technical Board to re-skill and equip tradesmen and artisans with modern techniques and tools to give them competitive advantage. PAU/OS/FA
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today