The Lagos State Government has denounced a report in a section of the media alleging that the Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has abolished the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment.
A statement issued by the Public Affairs Unit of the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment stated that the Ministry was created via an Executive Order (No. EO/AA.OI.2015) of June 17, 2015, to create sustainable wealth for Lagos citizens as well as promote and sustain entrepreneurship, through effective use of strategies and resources, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
The press release referred to Governor Sanwo-Olu’s speech at the inauguration which alluded to the importance of sustainable wealth for Lagosians saying, “great opportunities for employment and wealth creation can only be realised sustainably if we are able to enhance governance with creativity, innovation and technology while embracing collaboration with the private sector and continual dialogue and partnership with all relevant stakeholders”.
According to the statement, the authors of the news story failed to take cognisance of the rejection of three nominees during the screening by the House of Assembly, noting that the proposed portfolios for the disqualified persons remain vacant until the conclusion of the process by the Screening Committee of the legislative arm of Government.
The statement urged newsmen to always remain professional by balancing their stories and leveraging on the harmonious relationship between the Lagos State Government and the media to always verify facts from government spokespersons whenever in doubt.
The release reiterated that the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment has created numerous entrepreneurs since its inception and had carried out diverse programmes to reduce the unemployment rate in the State, through the provision of funding for graduates and non-graduates with initiatives that have made them self-employed as well as employers of labour.
While emphasising the importance of the informal sector due to its contribution to the economic growth of Lagos State, the statement affirmed that the Ministry of Wealth Creation and Employment will continue to collaborate with the Lagos State Vocational and Technical Board to re-skill and equip tradesmen and artisans with modern techniques and tools to give them competitive advantage. PAU/OS/FA
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS