Connect with us

society

LEAVE THE ROAD AND LET’S DIALOGUE, SANWO-OLU APPEALS TO PROTESTERS

Published

on

MOUN Lagos State Council rejoice with His Excellency Mr.Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu

Lagos Governor Asks Youths To Be Part Of Police Reforms

Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has, again, appealed to the youths demonstrating against police brutality in the State to leave the roads and embrace the dialogue for the resolution of their agitations.

The Governor, on Monday, said the State Government had shown sincerity and willingness to address all concerns raised by the protesters, given the actions taken so far, including the constitution of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry and setting up of compensation funds for the victims.

Sanwo-Olu made the appeal during the swearing-in of members of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution at the State House in Marina.

The Governor’s appeal came on the heel of violent dimension assumed by the EndSARS protests in some parts of the State.

Reiterating his solidarity with the protesters’ demands, Sanwo-Olu said the pain expressed and concerns raised were genuine and legitimate. This, he said, prompted the Federal and States’ governments to immediately acquiesce to some of the demands, while setting process in motion to implement others changes demanded.

The Governor urged the protesters to be part of the process of implementing the reforms they clamoured for in the police, stressing that continuous blocking of roads, Government and private offices would slow down the procedure of implementing their demands.

He said: “We have shown unprecedented commitment to the complete overhaul of the Nigerian Police. The inauguration of this Judicial Panel of Inquiry is only the first step in a long line of reformative actions that will lead to a thorough revamp and reorientation of the Nigeria Police. I believe that some of the actions we have taken should, to a large extent, show our sincerity and willingness to address all your concerns.

“Let me reiterate that I am on the side of the young people out there. I understand your pain and I know your concerns are genuine and legitimate. While we are able to immediately acquiesce to some of your demands, some others will require time. We ask you to bear with us as we dutifully work on your demands. 

“I will, therefore, like to renew my appeal to you to suspend the protests and create an atmosphere for the resolution of all pending demands. I encourage everyone brutalised by the disbanded SARS, including the families of those who died, to present their case before this tribunal.”

Sanwo-Olu said he believed the task of reforming the police was achievable, but required the input and cooperation of the youth to accomplish task.

He commended the cohesiveness of the “resilient” young people who stood their ground in the last two weeks. Their tenacity, Sanwo-Olu said, has made the much-desired change in the policing system become inevitable.

Speaking about the judicial panel, the Governor said he was convinced that its outcome and recommendations would open a new chapter in police-citizen relationship.

He promised that the State Government would ensure that all wounds are healed, justice served to victims of abuse, and guilty police officers prosecuted.

At the time of the swearing in of the panel members, the representatives of the youth in the panel had not been nominated by the protesters.

The State Government, last Friday, reached out to the protesters to forward the name of their nominees into the judicial panel. The protesters, however, pleaded for more time to send the names of their nominees, four days after the Government’s request.

society

NOVO Announces Spring 2026 Launch: The World’s First Diamond-Backed Digital Currency and Wealth Platform Devoted to Feeding Africa

Published

on

 

NOVO Announces Spring 2026 Launch: The World’s First Diamond-Backed Digital Currency and Wealth Platform Devoted to Feeding Africa

 

February 2026 — NOVO, an emerging global leader in diamond manufacturing, crypto‑banking, and ethical wealth management, today announced the upcoming Spring 2026 launch of NOVO Coin, the world’s first digital currency fully backed by certified, lab‑grown, cut, and polished diamonds stored in secure vaults in Singapore and Switzerland.

Designed for stability, transparency, and humanitarian impact, NOVO represents a new class of asset‑backed digital currency engineered to serve both global markets and vulnerable economies facing inflation, currency instability, and limited access to banking.

A Currency With a Mission: Feeding a Continent.

In a groundbreaking commitment, NOVO has pledged 50% of all corporate profits to support nonprofit micro‑finance organizations across Africa that specialize in food production, farming, fishing, and sustainable agriculture.

This initiative aims to:

Expand access to affordable capital for small and mid‑scale food producers

Strengthen local food systems and reduce dependency on imports

Dramatically lower grocery prices across African markets

Build long‑term economic resilience for millions of families

NOVO’s leadership believes that empowering Africa’s farmers and food‑producing cooperatives is the fastest path to stabilizing regional economies — and ultimately driving down global food prices.

Diamond‑Backed Stability for a Volatile World
Unlike speculative tokens or inflation‑prone fiat currencies, every NOVO Coin is backed by real, verifiable diamond reserves, manufactured through advanced laboratory processes and held in audited international vaults.

This structure provides:

Intrinsic value tied to a globally recognized commodity

Transparency through third‑party reserve verification

Security via geographically diversified vaults

Long‑term price stability for users and institutional partners

NOVO’s diamond‑reserve system is designed to offer a safe, durable alternative for nations and communities seeking protection from currency devaluation.

A Full‑Spectrum Financial Ecosystem
Beyond the currency itself, NOVO is launching a vertically integrated platform that includes:

Diamond manufacturing and certification

Crypto‑banking and digital asset management

Wealth management and life‑insurance services

Humanitarian micro‑finance distribution channels

This unified ecosystem positions NOVO as one of the first fintech institutions to combine commodity‑backed digital currency with large‑scale social impact.

A New Era of Ethical Finance
“NOVO was built on a simple belief: a currency should serve the people who use it,” said the organization’s founder. “By backing NOVO with diamonds and dedicating half of our profits to African food producers, we are proving that financial innovation and humanitarian responsibility can — and must — coexist.”

Spring 2026: A Global Debut
NOVO Coin will be available to the public in Spring 2026, with early institutional partnerships already underway across Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean.

For more information. Here is the organizations website TOPOFTHEPYRAMID.org

Continue Reading

society

Tinubu Mourns Rear Admiral Musa Katagum: A National Loss for Nigeria’s Military Leadership

Published

on

Tinubu Mourns Rear Admiral Musa Katagum: A National Loss for Nigeria’s Military Leadership

By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG 

 

“President Tinubu Pays Tribute as Nigeria’s Naval Command Mourns the Sudden Loss of a Strategic Maritime Leader at a Critical Security Juncture.”

 

Abuja, Nigeria – President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has officially mourned the death of Rear Admiral Musa Bello Katagum, the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, who died on February 19, 2026, after a protracted illness while receiving treatment abroad. His passing has sent ripples through Nigeria’s defence establishment and national security architecture, marking the loss of one of the most experienced and respected maritime commanders in recent memory.

 

In a statement released on February 20, 2026 by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, President Tinubu described Rear Admiral Katagum’s death as a “significant blow to the military and the nation,” noting the late officer’s vast experience and “invaluable contributions” to both the Nigerian Navy and the broader “Armed Forces of Nigeria”. The President extended heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family, naval personnel and the nation at large, while praying for solace and strength for colleagues and loved ones.

 

Rear Admiral Katagum’s career was marked by distinguished service in several strategic capacities. Before his appointment as Chief of Naval Operations in November 2025, he served as Director of the Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre (PC4) and Chief of Intelligence of the Nigerian Navy-roles that placed him at the nexus of naval operational planning and intelligence gathering. His leadership was widely credited with enhancing the Navy’s capacity to respond to growing maritime threats in the Gulf of Guinea, including piracy, illegal bunkering, and transnational crime.

 

Security policy experts emphasise that Katagum’s loss comes at a critical juncture for Nigeria. Dr. Adebola Akinpelu, a defence analyst at the Institute for Security Studies, observes that “Nigeria’s maritime domain remains a frontline in the broader security challenges facing the nation; the loss of an adept operational leader like Rear Admiral Katagum is not just a personnel change but a strategic setback.” His insight reflects broader concerns about continuity in military leadership amid intensifying threats.

 

The Nigerian Navy’s own statement, confirmed by the Directorate of Naval Information, affirmed that Katagum’s “exemplary leadership, strategic insight, and unwavering loyalty” were central to boosting operational readiness and national defence. According to Captain Abiodun Folorunsho, the Director of Naval Information, “His legacy remains a source of inspiration across the services.”

 

As Nigeria grapples with complex security landscapes at its land and maritime frontiers, the death of Rear Admiral Katagum underscores a broader national imperative: strengthening institutional capacities while honouring the service and sacrifice of those who defend the nation’s sovereignty. In the words of military scholar Professor James Okoye, “Leadership in security institutions is not easily replaceable; it is built through experience, trust and strategic clarity; qualities that Katagum embodied.”

 

Rear Admiral Musa Katagum has since been laid to rest in accordance with Islamic rites, leaving behind a legacy that will inform Nigerian naval operations for years to come.

Continue Reading

society

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False

Published

on

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False By George Omagbemi Sylvester

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False

By George Omagbemi Sylvester, SaharaWeeklyNG

 

“Viral screenshot sparks national controversy as the Ministry of Repentance and Holiness dismisses fabricated “divine” WhatsApp exchange, raising urgent questions about faith, digital misinformation, and religious accountability in Kenya.”

A sensational social media claim that Kenyan evangelist Prophet Dr. David Owuor displayed a WhatsApp conversation between himself and God has been definitively debunked as misinformation, sparking national debate over digital misinformation, religious authority and faith-based claims in Kenya.

On February 18–19, 2026, an image purporting to show a WhatsApp exchange between a deity and Prophet Owuor circulated widely on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp groups and TikTok. The screenshot, allegedly shared during one of his sermons, was interpreted by many as illustrating unprecedented direct communication with the divine delivered through a mainstream messaging platform; a claim that, if true, would have broken new ground in how religious revelation is understood in contemporary society.

However, this narrative quickly unraveled. Owuor’s Ministry of Repentance and Holiness issued an unequivocal public statement calling the image “fabricated, baseless and malicious,” emphasizing that he has never communicated with God through WhatsApp and has not displayed any such digital conversation to congregants. The ministry urged the public and believers to disregard and stop sharing the image.

Independent analysis of the screenshot further undermined its credibility: timestamps in the image were internally inconsistent and the so-called exchange contained chronological impossibilities; clear indicators of digital fabrication rather than an authentic conversation.

This hoax coincides with rising scrutiny of Owuor’s ministry. Earlier in February 2026, national broadcaster TV47 aired an investigative report titled “Divine or Deceptive”, which examined alleged “miracle healing” claims associated with Owuor’s crusades, including assertions of curing HIV and other chronic illnesses. Portions of that investigation suggested some medical documentation linked to followers’ health outcomes were fraudulent or misleading, intensifying debate over the intersection of faith and public health.

Credible faith leaders have weighed in on the broader context. Elias Otieno, chairperson of the National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK), recently urged that “no religious leader should replace God or undermine medicine,” affirming a widely accepted Christian understanding that divine healing does not supplant established medical practice. He warned against unverified miracle claims that may endanger lives if believers forego medical treatment.

Renowned communications scholar Professor Pippa Norris has noted that in digital societies, “religious authority is increasingly contested in the public sphere,” and misinformation (intentional or accidental) can quickly erode trust in both religious and secular institutions. Such dynamics underscore the importance of rigorous fact-checking and responsible communication, especially when claims intersect profoundly with personal belief and public well-being.

In sum, the viral WhatsApp chat narrative was not a revelation from the divine but a striking example of how misinformation can exploit reverence for religious figures. Owuor’s swift repudiation of the false claim and broader commentary from established church bodies, underline the ongoing challenge of balancing deeply personal faith experiences with the evidence-based scrutiny necessary in a digitally connected world.

 

Viral “Chat With God” Claim Targeting Kenyan Prophet David Owuor Proven False
By George Omagbemi Sylvester

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending