Marwa Applauds NAOSRE As Operatives Nab Skit Maker, Others In Lagos Raids
The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Brigadier General Mohamed Buba Marwa, ret’d, has applauded the supportive role of the National Association of Online Security Reporters, NAOSRE to his administration in the year 2021.
Speaking during an interactive session with NAOSRE President, Comrade Femi Oyewale Wednesday afternoon, Marwa noted with satisfaction that NAOSRE has been an integral part of the agency’s struggle to exterminate the activities of illicit drug agents.
“With NAOSRE, there has never been a dull moment. We appreciate the leaders and members for their patriotic supports of our activities in NDLEA,” he stated.
However, Marwa who spoke through his director of publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi sought further co-operation in the year 2022.
He stressed that President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to make Nigeria a choice country to foreign investors can only be actualized when the media plays its noble role and key into NDLEA’s fight against illicit drugs and its peddlers.
He emphasized that NDLEA’s struggle to reduce the demand and supply of illicit drugs across the length and breadth of Nigeria is a task for all patriotic Nigerians including the media.
Earlier, the NAOSRE President commended the efforts of the agency. He urged Marwa and his men to deploy more technologies in its operations.
In his overview, Oyewale projected a positive outlook in the year 2022. He reassured NAOSRE’s continuous support to security agencies so that the critical objective of a safer Nigeria can be achieved.
Meanwhile, operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, in the early hours of Wednesday, January 12, arrested a skit maker, Sunday Joshua, popularly known on social media as De-General, following the raid of a notorious drug joint at Orchid Estate, Lekki area of Lagos state.
Acting on credible intelligence, narcotic officers stormed the drug joint in the estate, where three suspects were arrested with illicit drugs including 200 sachets of 225mg Tramadol and 1.5kilograms of cannabis Sativa. In the course of the operation, some persons including the suspected dealer ran away with bags suspected to contain exhibits.
A trail showed they ran into a house located at 2B Saula Akinlolu way, Orchid estate, which is the residence of 22-year-old Sunday Joshua (aka De General). The young men started to make noise to prevent a search. The operatives introduced themselves as officers of NDLEA and submitted themselves for search before entry. This was done and a search was conducted.
The search led to the recovery of drug exhibits including cannabis sativa; Tramadol 225mg, and some paraphernalia for drug use. This was after the suspect had requested to record on video the search, which the officers out of sense of civility allowed. The video trending on social media was the moment the suspect and his friends decided to disrupt the bid to conduct a search of the house.
In his confessional statement in custody, the suspect admitted ownership of the drugs recovered from his house.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 Reported Cases in Ethiopia (15 January 2022) January 16, 2022
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (15 January 2022) January 16, 2022
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (15 January 2022) January 15, 2022
- Kenya: Health CS Pledges to Sustain Ongoing Reforms as he Receives MES Contracts Report January 15, 2022
- A Bawi, la MINUSCA oeuvre ? instaurer un climat de confiance entre les forces de s?curit? int?rieure et les communaut?s January 15, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (15 January 2022) January 15, 2022
- Children Under the Age of Five in Uganda set to benefit from the Nationwide House-to-House Polio Immunization Campaign January 15, 2022
- UN in Geneva celebrates 6 decades supporting impartial TV news January 15, 2022
- UN in Egypt participates in the launch of the first edition of the "World Art Forum at the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization January 15, 2022
- Mauritius - COVID-19: The deadline for the administration of booster dose extended to 19 February 2022 January 15, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips3 weeks ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society1 month ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment