Interestingly, the Ogun state Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has appealed to the Dr. D K Olukoya led Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries,MFM, to pray for him, adding that the enemies are still lurking around.
Speaking at a special Power Must Change Hands program, titled, “ Prayers for First Born and Marital Delay” Governor Abiodun said;” if man was God , I wouldn’t have been governor today.”
The governor apparently explaining what he suffered in the hands of his predecessor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, who raised another candidate to contest against him on another platform, said all praise and honour and adoration be unto the name of our God for fulfilling His promise in his life.
“If it was to be the decision of man, I will not be governor. Man will never be God. That same God that has destined that I will be Governor in Ogun state, the same God will move every mountain in your life.” He said.
Going down the memory lane, Gov., Abiodun said. “In 1996, I won as a senator, but was not sworn-in. In 2003 , I contested the governorship primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party with Otunba Gbenga Daniel for the ticket, and I came second. I returned again in 2015 to vie for Ogun East Senatorial District and lost again.
“In 2019, I didn’t want to contest, but the line kept ringing. And lots of people were coming to convince me to run. And when I finally made up my mind it was a battle within. But in the end God proves Himself as GOD in my life. As a result of what I went through before I finally won,some people were asking if there was no bitterness in me. I said if there was no Judas, the mission of Jesus will not be accomplished. “
The Governor, however , pledged that his mission in Ogun state is to be fair, just, equitable, to obey the rule of law and to be fair to all.
“I need your prayers, the battle is not over yet. The enemies are still lurking.” He said rounding off his testimony.
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Fidelity Bank Donates Laboratory To Correctional Home
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS