PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari is said to be considering some measures that would cement his relationship with former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, following the cracks between the duo over the management of National Assembly leadership crisis.
Sources close to the APC confirmed that the presidency had discovered lately that Tinubu was angry and had been putting some measures in place to pacify the national leader of APC.
Tinubu’s camp was said to have been angered by Buhari’s failure to back its strategies that would have ensured the emergence of candidates of the party for the positions of Senate president and Speaker of the House of Representatives.
It was learnt that Tinubu was particularly angry that Buhari did not make good his promise to address APC legislators at the International Conference Centre on June 9, leading to the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate president.
It was also gathered that Tinubu’s loyalists fingered Buhari’s men in the uprising that shut out the former Lagos governor from the last National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the party, held in Abuja, last week.
Though Tinubu is not a member of NEC statutorily, no one really made an issue out of that until Buhari assumed office.
Some Tinubu loyalists said they suspected the presidency might have given tactical backing to the group of former governors, who threatened to storm the meeting if Tinubu was allowed at the venue.
It was, however, gathered on Thursday in Abuja that Buhari had resolved to pacify Tinubu, so that the party would not break up under his watch.
A source said the presidency was considering giving Tinubu four ministerial slots, to compensate for the loss of speaker and Senate president.
It was also gathered that Buhari’s late rally of Senator Ahmad Lawan group and loyalists of Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila was stemmed out of his belief that Tinubu had to be accommodated to further consolidate the APC.
But sources in the party said that there are some hardliners who were of the view that Buhari could continue to call Tinubu’s bluff, having assumed the position of party leader.
A former security chief and another retired secret service agent were said to be heading the crew of Buhari loyalists urging the president to call Tinubu’s bluff.
“A number of some hardliners in the party are insisting that Buhari should ignore anything from Tinubu, believing that the party can do without him,” a source in the party said.
26 years old Leader of notorious gang nabbed in Lagos
Apostle Suleman Inducted As Fellow of Nigerian Books of Record
Ekweremadu: LESSONS FROM NUREMBERG – Femi Fani-Kayode
Senate President condemns attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany
THE PERSECUTION OF WINIFRED OYO-ITA …….by Princess Modupe Adedayo
Cover Of The Week
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup August 18, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: South Africa defeated Kenya 39-0 on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda drew 15-15 with Madagascar on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- More actors and funding urgently needed to curb deadly measles outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) August 16, 2019
- French Development Agency (AFD) and Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations (NACSO) organise a workshop on Innovative Finance for Namibian Conservation Ecosystem August 16, 2019
- Displaced by DR Congo violence, survivors’ testimonies highlight brutality of armed militia August 16, 2019
- State Visit of President of the Republic of Zambia to India (August 20-22, 2019) August 16, 2019
- UN Volunteers play a critical role in the implementation of MINUSMA mandate in Northern Mali August 16, 2019
- WHO collaborates with Nigerian Government to update the country health workforce profile August 16, 2019
- Tackling child malnutrition (by Islamane Abdou) August 16, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others