By Elvis Omoregie,Benin City
A fascinating and explosive movie titled “Son of Mercy” was on Monday premiered in Benin City the Edo State Capital.
According to the producer and director of the film, Amen Imasuen said the movie will start showing in the Cinema all over the world from December 11th, 2020.
The movie, which was produced in collaboration with Kada Cinema Limited, Benin City and directed by Amen Imasuen, has the story of a young man called Efe, who was born into abject poverty, but in an attempt to escape from poverty, he stole his father’s gratuity, plans to go overseas, but was defrauded by people who were to prepare his Visa for the trip.
Efe having been defrauded will not come home to tell his father any stories, as he quickly moved to join the gang of kidnappers and fraudsters.
The film featured stars actors, including Edo Pikini, Ejehi Ejoidamen, Nickben Imasuen among other renowned actors.
Addressing Journalists at the Press Conference in Benin City, the Director of the long awaited movie, Amen Imaseuen said the title of the movie inspired him and the idea was conceived four years ago, that he was motivated by the need to do something special at home.
According to him, if the country can get the power sector right, it will create a conducive environment for creativity industry to thrive.
“We just want the media to have a feel of what the “Son of Mercy” is like, we have the best actors, the best locations, and you can agree with me that Benin City is home for the best actors. We are still working on it, editing and reediting.
“A major challenge we have in the movie industry is power, if Nigeria can get it right in the power sector, that will go a long way to create a conducive environment for the creative industry to thrive.
“My fear is that there is no night life in Benin City and people go to watch movie in the night. About 10 million naira has been spent and we are still spending. I want to be sure that we can recoup the investment”.
Adding, the Managing Director of Kada Cinema, Mr Trevor Pillay said Kada Cinema has been in the entertainment business for over two years and has the right to distribute the movie to over 50 cinema houses in Nigeria.
He said the Kada Cinema is involved in movie distribution and that is not the first time for Kada Cinema.
Cover Of The Week
- Ongoing cooperation highlights FIFA-African Union discussions September 23, 2021
- More tournaments mean greater opportunities for African teams September 22, 2021
- WFP and Takeda deepen partnership in West Africa to strengthen health emergency response September 22, 2021
- Friends of Sudan condemn attempts to undermine Sudan's peaceful political transition September 22, 2021
- The ECOWAS Commission has held a 3-day ECOWAS Informal Cross Border Trade (ECO-ICBT) / MoveAfrica-Traffic Light System program planning retreat in Accra Ghana September 22, 2021
- Bahrain, Israel, UAE, Morocco lead joint statement at Human Rights Council on women, peace, diplomacy September 22, 2021
- The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business congratulates Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, underscores policy commitments on Africa September 22, 2021
- U.S.-Egypt Military Cooperation Committee September 22, 2021
- Accra named UNESCO World Book Capital 2023 September 22, 2021
- Yabx Expands its Operations and Service Offerings as Digital Lending Gains Momentum in Africa Region September 22, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria