Nigerian musicians have been advised to stop glamourising and endorsing illicit drug abuse in whatever shape or form as role models that should show the way for others to follow.
Speaking recently in an interview, a popular Nigerian entertainment promoter Tunde oshinubosi, (La Face) stated that the nation was sitting on a keg of gun powder “if this crazy trend continues unabated.”
He said: “If we think the yahoo trend is bad, guess what, the looming drug epidemic, which will ruin the lives of our future leaders, will be catastrophic. “With drug abuse comes accelerated cases of social vices such as armed robbery, kidnapping, prostitution, fraud, cultism, banditary etc.
“The sweet codeine documentary is just a tip of the iceberg, today’s drug abuse wave cuts across gender, ethnic and religious divide. It is scary, as a parent, I fear for the future of the coming generation.
“The lukewarm attitude of the state and federal governments is mind blowing, I doubt if this madness will be tolerated even by our Ghanaian neighbours.”
La Face stated further that as major stakeholders in the music industry, Nigerian musicians must condemn the evil trend, adding that “let me burst your brain using a common phrase by youths today; an addict will do anything for a score.”
The promoter stressed that music should be about creativity, and not a platform to “glamourise illicit drug abuse, as creative minds, we should focus on lasting legacy.”
He opined that as a nation, Nigeria lost it from the beginning by creating a situation where everything goes, and that the nation must put a stop “to this madness called music.”
“Today, codeine, tramadol rophenol, diazepan etc are abused with reckless abandon. Addicts will automatically graduate into cocaine, heroine, meth etc.
“We already have a problem of massive unemployment with the looming drug epidemic.
“We welcome an unemployable youth populace coupled with poverty, Boko Haram banditary, kidnapping to name a few.
“As industry insiders, it is an open secret that over 90‰ of Nigerian secular artists do drugs. Should they then pass it on, destroying the future generation, please enough is enough,” La Face stated.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others