Entertainment
Up coming artiste drags telecoms giants to Court over unauthorized use of song
By Ifeoma Ikem
An upcoming hip hop artiste, Okiki Bright has dragged telecommunications giants, 9mobile, Airtel, Glo and another company Mobilexcetera before the federal high court, Ikoyi l
Lagos over illegal use of his intellectual property, ‘Gba gbe boshe sele’ as caller tune without his authorization.
Investigations by members of the Nigeria Guild of Investigative Journalists (NGIJ) reveal that in a suit, FHC/L/CS/1776/17 and dated November 22nd, 2017 at the federal high court, Lagos the promising artiste is asking, among other things, for the sum of four hundred million naira from the four defendants and a perpetual injunction restraining the defendants from continued use of the work.
At the resumed hearing of the matter on Monday 1 July 2019 before the Honourable Justice I.N OWEIBO, Okiki Bright testified and tendered 16 exhibits, contending that , “after recording my song titled ‘Gbagbe bosesele’ a friend advised me to feature a popular hip hop artist in the country so that the song will go viral. I was later introduced to(Oritsefemi’s first name) Oritsefemi’s agent.
“We bargained, I paid the money and Oritsefemi featured in the song as promised. We released the audio and immediately we rushed to release the video in early 2017.
“We were still working on how to make the song go viral when, in October 2017, people drew my attention to the fact that the song is on caller tune of some telecommunications companies. I downloaded the song for N150 on Airtel to be sure it was my song.
“I involved my lawyer, Barr Alayo Akanbi who advised that we should verify this fact and we found out from Globacom website that my music was listed as caller tune and I downloaded the music using codes provided by these telecommunications company and it was listed there.
We then printed it out as evidence. That was when we decided to officially write them for explanations.”
In a letter dated October 18, 2017, Alayo Akanbi Chambers, solicitors to Okiki Bright wrote to 9mobile demanding among other things, compensation of five hundred million naira (N500,000,000) for the unlawful use of the song.
However, in a letter dated October 30, 2017, 9mobile said the song had been barred from its caller tune platform pending the resolution of the allegations but urged Okiki Bright and his lawyer to direct all queries to MobileXcetera Limited.
Findings by NGIJ revealed that the except for Glo, the telecommunication companies allegedly got the song from MobileXcetera Limited who they believed have paid for the song.
In another twist, MobileXcetera is claiming that Oritsefemi sold the song.“But I called Oritsefemi and he denied any such move. He said since the song does not belong to him he could not have sold it. He told me to go and settle with them,” Okiki supplied.
A quick search by NGIJ revealed that the claim that Oritsefemi owns the song could not possibly be true as all the telecommunications companies listed the song as ‘Gba gbe Boshe Sele by Okiki Bright ft. Oritsefemi. Based on the above one can assume that they understand that the song is by Okiki Bight and that Oritsefemi was only featured in it.
But according to Okiki Bright the road to justice has not only been rough and bumpy but it has been filled with power play and delay tactics.
Although Okiki Bright has come out with another block buster titled Chop make I Chop, he insists he would see his legal struggle through to its conclusion.
In his words, “I had to release ‘Chop make I Chop’ to keep on going, my case in court has really affected me coupled with the manner the telecommunications companies have handled the whole thing.
“I plead with those in positions of authority to come to my aid and help me, the outcome of this case will go a long way in vindicating the judiciary if it is truly the last hope of the common man. As it stands now, justice is on trial”, he declared.
Entertainment
Islamic Rising Star, Hajia Kifaya Aṣeyọri Marks Birthday, Reflects on 15-Year Music Journey
Islamic Rising Star, Hajia Kifaya Aṣeyọri Marks Birthday, Reflects on 15-Year Music Journey
Popular Islamic singer and entertainer, Hajia Kifaya Aṣeyọri, has continued to receive prayers and accolades from fans, friends and well-wishers as she celebrates her birthday today.
The celebrated artiste, known for her inspiring Islamic songs and captivating stage presence, described music as a divine calling and a special gift from God meant to announce her greatness to the world.
Speaking on her journey in the entertainment industry, Kifaya said her unique voice and wisdom helped her gain quick recognition among music lovers and industry stakeholders.
According to her, “My beautiful voice coupled with great wisdom have made my versatility in the entertainment industry quick to be noticed by all and sundry.”
The singer, whose maiden album titled Alaseyori brought her into the limelight years ago, also ventured into fashion and the sales of imported shoes and bags alongside her music career.
As part of efforts to expand her reach in the industry, the Islamic music star disclosed that her songs are available on several digital streaming platforms, including Audiomack and other online play stores.
Having spent over 15 years in the music industry, Kifaya said her versatility has also earned her ambassadorial deals for different brands.
Despite the challenges encountered on her path to success, the singer expressed gratitude to God for sustaining her through difficult times.
“I have got reasons to appreciate God. Though I have passed through a lot, today I have opportunities to thank God,” she said.
Meanwhile, admirers have continued to describe the celebrant as a symbol of grace, faith and excellence, praying for greater achievements, sound health, peace of mind and abundant blessings in her new age.
The birthday celebration has also generated reactions across social media platforms, where fans and associates continue to celebrate her impact in the Islamic entertainment space and wish her many more fruitful years filled with happiness and prosperity.
celebrity radar - gossips
Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis
Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis
By Alhaji Arems (Baba Fuji)
Veteran Fuji musician King Saheed Osupa is set to release a new 2-in-1 album titled Acapella & Metamorphosis on May 26, 2026.
The announcement was revealed through promotional materials shared across the singer’s official social media pages, where anticipation has already started building among longtime fans of the Fuji icon. The artwork for the project presents Osupa in a calm and regal setting, matching the mature image he has maintained throughout his career.
While full details about the tracklist and featured artists are yet to be officially released, the title of the project has already sparked conversations online. “Metamorphosis” suggests a new phase or evolution, while “Acapella” hints at a more raw or expressive musical direction. Together, both titles point toward a project that may combine classic Fuji elements with a refreshed sound and message.
Over the years, Osupa has remained one of the most respected voices in Fuji music, known for his deep lyrical style, cultural storytelling, and loyal fanbase across Nigeria and beyond. Even as the music industry continues to evolve, the singer has maintained strong relevance, especially among audiences who appreciate traditional Yoruba-rooted sounds blended with contemporary production.
The decision to release a 2-in-1 album also stands out at a time when many artists are focusing on shorter projects and singles. For established acts like Osupa, larger releases often serve as a statement of longevity, consistency, and artistic confidence.
Fans have continued to react positively to the announcement online, with many already counting down to the release date. The project is expected to arrive on major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay, YouTube Music, TIDAL, and Deezer.
With the official release now scheduled for May 26, listeners will be watching closely to see what King Saheed Osupa delivers on Acapella & Metamorphosis and whether the project marks another defining moment in his long-running career.
Entertainment
Aesha Mikaelson Returns as Producer: Actress Aishy Announces Powerful Screen Comeback With IJA ORU
Aesha Mikaelson Returns as Producer: Actress Aishy Announces Powerful Screen Comeback With IJA ORU
After years away from the spotlight, Nigerian actress, producer, and media personality Aesha Mikaelson is making a highly anticipated return to the screen with a bold new identity, a renewed creative vision, and a powerful upcoming movie project titled IJA ORU — a project she is also producing.
Previously known in the entertainment industry as Aishy, whose real name is Aisat Iyabode Asamu, the actress built recognition through multiple media appearances and interviews across prominent Nigerian publications. Over the years, she became known for her charisma, screen presence, and growing influence within Nollywood and youth entertainment culture.
Now reintroduced professionally as Aesha Mikaelson, she is entering a new phase of her career — one that reflects growth, reinvention, and artistic maturity, marked not only by her return in front of the camera but also by her expanded role behind the scenes as a producer.
Her comeback project, IJA ORU, is scheduled to premiere on May 22 via Yetunde Barnabas TV on YouTube, marking what many insiders describe as one of the most symbolic independent returns currently building momentum in Nigeria’s digital film space.
Produced by Aesha Mikaelson under Quila Visuals Production, the movie blends mystery, spiritual tension, emotion, and psychological storytelling — themes that continue to resonate strongly with modern African audiences. Her dual role as both lead talent and producer underscores her evolution from performer to creative force shaping her own narratives.
Speaking on her return, Aesha Mikaelson described the project as more than just another film release.
“This is not just a comeback. It is a rebirth — creatively and personally. I took time away from the spotlight to grow, reflect and rebuild my vision as an actress, producer, and storyteller.”
Before her hiatus, Aishy gained public attention through several interviews and entertainment features discussing her career journey, personal growth, and experiences in the entertainment industry. Her media presence appeared in outlets including Vanguard Media Limited, Tribune Online, BusinessDay, TMY News, and The Nation Newspaper.
Industry observers say the rebrand to Aesha Mikaelson — paired with her step into producing — reflects a broader shift happening among modern Nigerian creatives, moving from conventional celebrity culture into more intentional brand positioning, ownership of creative output, and cinematic storytelling.
The visuals surrounding IJA ORU have already generated growing online conversations, particularly for their dark symbolic aesthetic and emotionally charged presentation. Fans and supporters across social media platforms have also welcomed the actress back, describing her return as “long overdue.”
The release further highlights the growing influence of YouTube-driven Nollywood distribution, where independent creators and producers like Aesha Mikaelson are increasingly building global audiences beyond traditional cinema systems.
With IJA ORU now approaching release, many believe Aesha Mikaelson’s return — this time as both star and producer — could mark the beginning of a major new chapter in her career.
For followers who remember the actress as Aishy, the comeback represents nostalgia. For newer audiences discovering her for the first time, it may become the start of a powerful new screen identity led by a creator now firmly in command of her own story.
IJA ORU premieres May 22 on Yetunde Barnabas TV via YouTube.
-
news5 months agoWHO REALLY OWNS MONIEPOINT? The $290 Million Deal That Sold Nigeria’s Top Fintech to Foreign Interests
-
society3 weeks agoSOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT A BATTLEFIELD COMMAND – WHY THE NIGERIAN ARMY’S ACTION AGAINST JUSTICE CRACK IS A NATIONAL SECURITY IMPERATIVE
-
celebrity radar - gossips4 months agoDr. Chris Okafor Returns with Power and Fire of the Spirit -Mounts Grace Nation Altar with Fresh Anointing and Restoration Grace on February 1, 2026
-
celebrity radar - gossips5 months agoProphet Kingsley Aitafo Releases 2026 Prophecy: ‘Nigeria Will Rise, but the World Must Prepare for Turbulence’






You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.