AS NIN IS NOW COMPULSORY FOR FRESH AND DRIVER’S LICENCE RENEWAL, IT BECOMES COMPULSORY FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION FROM SECOND QUARTER OF 2021 AS PER PRESIDENTIAL DIRECTIVES- OYEYEMI
In full compliance with the directives of the
Federal Government on the harmonisation of citizens’ data; which the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has since commenced with the introduction of compulsory provision of the National Identification Number (NIN) by applicants of the National Driver’s License (NDL); the Corps Marshal, FRSC, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has also made provision of NIN mandatory for all categories of Vehicle registration, effective from second quarter of 2021. This is in total compliance with the Presidential directives.
According to the press release signed by Bisi Kazeem, the Corps Public Education Officer , FRSC , all applicants of vehicle registration are therefore expected to present their National Identification Number as a precondition for the registration of their vehicles, adding that there would be no waiver for anyone irrespective of their status in the society.
Explaining the importance of this to the national security architecture, the FRSC spokesperson further emphasised that the exercise has become very imperative seeing the critical role a harmonised database on citizens’ information will have on national development in terms of resolving the challenges of identifying individuals to assist security agencies in data collation and speedy retrievals to address critical national security challenges.
Kazeem stated that the Corps Marshal also beckoned on members of the public who have not enrolled in the ongoing NIN registration at the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to make haste while the sun shines as the Corps will not register any vehicle whose owner is not captured in the NIMC database.
According to the Corps Marshal, “Beginning from the second quarter of this year (2021), If you want to register your vehicle, it is going to be compulsory for you to provide your NIN. This is part of the security checks. So once you provide your NIN, it makes the matter easier and helps the government in national planning, critical decision making and also enhance adequate Intelligence gathering for security of lives and properties”.
You would recall that FRSC had commenced compliance on this directive since 21 December 2020, when the Corps Marshal mandated that all applicants for the National Driver’s Licence in Nigeria must present the National Identification Number (NIN) from the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) before they can be captured for any class of the licences produced by the FRSC.
Cover Of The Week
- Innovative Smart Bag redefines menstruation management for refugee girls in Uganda February 26, 2021
- UNMISS helps restore calm and stability following recent violence in Koch February 26, 2021
- Schools football progress tops Benin agenda February 26, 2021
- WHO launches first Mass Casualty Management (MCM) training in Addis Ababa February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ghana: COVID-19 patients on admission receive Dignity Kits from WHO February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus: Côte d'Ivoire becomes second African country and first French-speaking country to receive vaccine doses via COVAX Facility February 26, 2021
- UNHCR seeks US$164 million for displaced Central Africans February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (25 February 2021) February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (25 February 2021) February 26, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (25 February 2021) February 26, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi