Coming after reports of where the Olugbo of Ugbo land was quoted saying that he’s the leader of all Yoruba monarchs went viral, he has been described as a rabble rouser and an attention-seeking monarch, for declaring himself as the leader of all Yoruba Obas by the Secretary General, Council of Yoruba Obas, Oba Aderemi Adedapo.
But Oba Adedapo, who is also the Olojudo of Ido Osun, said the Olugbo’s claim was untrue. Adedapo said this while speaking with Punch’s correspondent in Osogbo on Monday.
According to Oba Adedapo, no one could rewrite history of the Yorubaland now in order to suit his purpose, saying the Ooni of Ife remained the leader without any controversy. Oba Adedapo, who is also the Coordinator, South-West Council of Traditional Rulers, said the late Ooni, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, was highly instrumental to Oba Akinruntan’s ascension to the throne.
He said, “Oba Akinruntan is an attention seeker. He is a rabble rouser, he deserves no response but some people especially outside the country may tend to believe his claim if he is not corrected.
“His utterance is part of royal rascality we are talking about. Does he want to rewrite history or what? Nobody can rewrite history. The late Ooni Sijuwade made it possible for him to become the Olugbo.
“He must withdraw that statement within the next 96 hours which is four days. What he is saying is abominable in Yorubaland.”
Punch reports that the monarch said Olugbo, was not part of the 54 Yoruba Obas with original crown, saying he was using various tactics to draw attention to himself. The Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, when contacted on the supremacy claim by Olugbo of Ugboland, was said to have travelled to Lagos.
His media aide, Baaroyin Lai Labode, said the monarch was out of town. He said he would need to brief him on the issue when he returned from the trip.
He said, “Kabiyesi has travelled to Lagos, and until he returns. I need to talk to him on the issue, whether or not he will want to comment on it.”
Also, the Olu of Ilaro and paramount ruler of Yewaland, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle, said he would not comment on Olugbo’s claim. The personal assistant/media aide to Oba Olugbenle, Bolaji Leigh, while reacting to the issue on behalf of the monarch, said, “Good day my brother, Kabiyesi will not comment on that.”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (14 May 2021) May 15, 2021
- Video News Release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All the matches will be livestreamed Saturday on Rugby Afrique Facebook page and Rugby Africa's YouTube channel - Day 4 May 15, 2021
- CORRECTION: New Hapag-Lloyd East Africa service arriving in Kenya and Tanzania May 14, 2021
- Day 3 - B-roll: African rugby teams are coming together to prepare for the Olympic Games and Olympic Repechage - Day 3 May 14, 2021
- Basketball Africa League Unveils Team Rosters Ahead of Inaugural Season May 14, 2021
- UN condemns killing of aid worker in South Sudan May 14, 2021
- Egypt receives second shipment of 1.77 million COVID-19 vaccines through the COVAX Facility May 14, 2021
- New Hapag-Lloyd East Africa service arriving in Kenya and Tanzania May 14, 2021
- Siemens, the German Government and the Solidarity Fund hand over a 100-bed modular hospital solution May 14, 2021
- Pozzovivo forced to withdraw from Giro d'Italia following stage 6 crash May 14, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?