Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday described his adopted brother, Chief Abraham Idowu Akanle as a Nigerian, whose humility, industry and fear of God have greatly contributed to his success in life.
Akanle, a successful industrialist had been a close ally of the former President in the last forty years.
Obasanjo while speaking at a special 80th birthday reception for Akanle at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, said, despite not being a blood relation, the celebrant had been a wonderful and trusted ally.
According to release by his Media Aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo said that, “my relationship with Abraham Idowu Akanle has been that of divined in the last 40 years. He has contributed to my success with his humility, hard work and fear of God.
“When people ask me how is Akanle to me, I tell them to ask God, that he is my brother and a trusted one for that matter.
“You see, let me tell you a little bit of my life. My parents had nine children and seven of them died leaving my sister and I. Later in life, I came across a senior person in Justice Olopade. I took him as my senior brother, my confidant and most respected.
“Much later, I discovered a junior brother and till today, he remains my junior brother. If you want to know, that is your (penny) toro.”
Obasanjo prayed for the celebrant for more years in life, as he further eulogized Akanle’s discipline and religious life.
In his remarks, Akanle thanked God for his age and Obasanjo for the trust in him, which had kept the duo together in the last four decades.
The visibly elated celebrant also disclosed that he shared similar background with his “senior brother” saying, “I share similar background with my brother. We are 11 in my family and Nine of them died at infancy, leaving only two of us.
“So my relationship with my brother is divined as he had told you. I want to appreciate him and thanked him for everything God have done for us in the last forty years,” Akanle told the guests.
He blamed the country’s major problem on the indiscipline at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS).
“If we can get these three crucial organizations to be up and doing, things will change in Nigeria. These places are rot in indiscipline and is not getting the country anywhere.”
Various speakers, including members of the Chapel of Christ the Glorious King (CCKG) described Akanle “as a passionate, committed and humanitarian member, who also come to rescue of those in need in the Church.”
From Right, Mrs Obasanjo, Obasanjo, the celebrant, Chief Akanle and another guest at the event.
AMOSUN OBAS: WE’LL MAKE OUR DECISION PUBLIC SOON- ABIODUN
India Support orphanage Named After TB Joshua In South Sudan
Seyi & Layal Tinubu’s Noella Foundation Partners Food Clique Support to Feed Students on World Food Day
FIRST BANK: TOWARDS REVIVING NIGERIA’S TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Tony Kabaka threatens to kill himself if Gov Obaseki demolishes his Ugbor Hotel…video
Cover Of The Week
- Didier Reynders confirms Belgium’s commitment to the Children and Armed Conflict agenda October 18, 2019
- A Hispanic American at U.S. Embassy Malabo October 18, 2019
- Contest: Aweil Students Test Their Spelling Abilities on Key Words in Country’s Peace Agreement October 18, 2019
- Wang Yi and South African International Relations and Cooperation Minister Naledi Pandor hold talks October 18, 2019
- The Ceremony of Handing Over of Agricultural Equipment within the Framework of the Japanese Programme « Support to Underpriviledged Gambian Farmers » to the Gambia October 18, 2019
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Annual Meetings in Washington: European Investment Bank (EIB) mobilises substantial resources in Tunisia October 18, 2019
- World Food Prize and World Hunger Fighters Foundation Launch Fellowship for Young African Agribusiness Innovators October 18, 2019
- Kenya Takes Vital Step Against Cervical Cancer and Introduces Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine into Routine Immunization October 18, 2019
- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Yanbo attended the Groundbreaking Ceremony of China-aid Kazungula Primary School October 18, 2019
- National Energy Services Reunited Corp. to Release Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on Nov 6th October 18, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin