Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday described his adopted brother, Chief Abraham Idowu Akanle as a Nigerian, whose humility, industry and fear of God have greatly contributed to his success in life.
Akanle, a successful industrialist had been a close ally of the former President in the last forty years.
Obasanjo while speaking at a special 80th birthday reception for Akanle at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, said, despite not being a blood relation, the celebrant had been a wonderful and trusted ally.
According to release by his Media Aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo said that, “my relationship with Abraham Idowu Akanle has been that of divined in the last 40 years. He has contributed to my success with his humility, hard work and fear of God.
“When people ask me how is Akanle to me, I tell them to ask God, that he is my brother and a trusted one for that matter.
“You see, let me tell you a little bit of my life. My parents had nine children and seven of them died leaving my sister and I. Later in life, I came across a senior person in Justice Olopade. I took him as my senior brother, my confidant and most respected.
“Much later, I discovered a junior brother and till today, he remains my junior brother. If you want to know, that is your (penny) toro.”
Obasanjo prayed for the celebrant for more years in life, as he further eulogized Akanle’s discipline and religious life.
In his remarks, Akanle thanked God for his age and Obasanjo for the trust in him, which had kept the duo together in the last four decades.
The visibly elated celebrant also disclosed that he shared similar background with his “senior brother” saying, “I share similar background with my brother. We are 11 in my family and Nine of them died at infancy, leaving only two of us.
“So my relationship with my brother is divined as he had told you. I want to appreciate him and thanked him for everything God have done for us in the last forty years,” Akanle told the guests.
He blamed the country’s major problem on the indiscipline at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS).
“If we can get these three crucial organizations to be up and doing, things will change in Nigeria. These places are rot in indiscipline and is not getting the country anywhere.”
Various speakers, including members of the Chapel of Christ the Glorious King (CCKG) described Akanle “as a passionate, committed and humanitarian member, who also come to rescue of those in need in the Church.”
From Right, Mrs Obasanjo, Obasanjo, the celebrant, Chief Akanle and another guest at the event.
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FIRSTBANK AGRIC EXPO SET TO PROMOTE NEW AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator. “ No Cause For Alarm”
PSN urged federal government to set up presidential committee on drug distribution
Cover Of The Week
- Torrential rains destroy shelters for displaced people in northeast Nigeria August 23, 2019
- African Women Dialogue Across Generations August 23, 2019
- The launch meeting of Gavi’s third replenishment August 23, 2019
- World Health Organization (WHO) supports Cross River State in administering polio vaccines to Cameroonian refugees August 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Rwanda and Uganda August 23, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov meets the Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt Abir Alam Eldin August 23, 2019
- Somalia security remains a concern, head of UN Mission warns Security Council August 22, 2019
- WHO and Africa CDC agree on joint actions to improve health security in Africa August 22, 2019
- Restoring people’s trust in medical facilities an essential prescription for achieving universal health coverage August 22, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Sudan August 22, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others